Stainless Filter

I use em! Easy as hell to clean....I first rinse in clean gas, then just blast them with some carb cleaner and compressed air. Done! But then again, XR's can run on used oil from the deep fryer...unstrained. :thumb:
I get 2+ oil changes from a $12 bucket of Rotella. Since it's that cheap, I change it often. I took an 8 year old XR4 engine apart this past winter, and it was pristine clean, and amazingly, piston, rings, and bore still in spec!

The rubber seal has come off of mine. Any one know what glue would work? I only change the filter every other oil change. I may go to every three times.

Well I'm looking at the fact we are changing the oil every week and that comes out to a filter a month so I'm thinking it would pay for itself in no time. Just wanted to make sure they are as good as the paper styles.

My old XL250S and XR500R didn't even have oil filters. That said I do like the idea of tossing a paper filter. That way you know you are getting whatever it caught out of the engine for sure. I'm sure the screen type will work though. I just don't know about how well it can really be cleaned. Like I said, I had bike with no filters at all and I put many tens of thousands of miles on those bikes.

My old XL250S and XR500R didn't even have oil filters. That said I do like the idea of tossing a paper filter. That way you know you are getting whatever it caught out of the engine for sure. I'm sure the screen type will work though. I just don't know about how well it can really be cleaned. Like I said, I had bike with no filters at all and I put many tens of thousands of miles on those bikes.

I had a 85 XR600...no idea if it had one, rode it very little as my buddies got out of the sport so I sold if before doign any maintenance on it!

I've been running the Flo filter on mine since the day I got it(well since the 1st oil change) it really saves on cost of filters down the road for sure, I change my oil after every 3 to 5 rides depending if I raced or not, the oil is expensive enough I'd hate to be buying a oil filter a week or two

From what I have read and I haven't read a hole lot but...stainless steel filters from 5 to 35 microns and most of the paper filters seem to be more like 15 to 40 microns so it seems to me that the stainless steel one are a good deal if you can get them clean.:thumb: