Spectator report, Donner Ski Ranch 7/31/10

Spent Saturday at Donner Ski ranch watching Pros, Expert, and Sportsman
Trials. 10 bucks and you could feel the exhaust as the nations best pulled
of a great show. Add some vintage, 70+, and 13 year old girls all riding and it was a great day!
Look for this next year and be so close that your feet and the rear tires are a foot apart.
Spectator friendly as they get! Pits wide open.:worthy:
Expert.
P7310069.jpg

Pro!
P7310109.jpg

Sports man falling, seen alot of them fall hard.
P7310137.jpg

P7310138.jpg

P7310139.jpg

Crowds?
P7310157.jpg

Want it bad!
P7310165.jpg

KTM Rack??????
P7310169.jpg

Pro Fail
P7310191.jpg

Plate says he is a 70 sportsman.
P7310197.jpg

Bad Ass Bultaco
P7310232.jpg

This guy just blew me away, some of my worst camera work due to my mouth being wide open. This was a practice on the expert part but apparently
he's the man.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LI0r_My3s4s

I really should have drove up and check this out, I really missed out. I ended up doing nothing on Saturday. :cry: To bad I didn't think about it then.

Sweet shots. That guy in the video was flying up and down those boulders! :shocked:

Love watching those guys! Talk about skills:hail: A great way to spend the day for $10.00. I want to go out to JV someday to watch them compete.

That looks pretty cool. We used to Trials our desert weapons out by the rocks right off of Camp Rock Rd. Try that on a full dressed desert bike... Thanks for sharing..:thumb:

Love watching those guys! Talk about skills:hail: A great way to spend the day for $10.00. I want to go out to JV someday to watch them compete.

Looks like a lot of fun to watch and a lot of pain to participate. Well at least for me and my brand so so called balance. I want to check out one of those events. The ones I know about are at Wagon Wheel in Spangler, at Keyesville by Lake Isabella, and in JV (aka Lucerne). With those it should be no problem to ride one day and watch the other.

some info from www.atatrials.com
9/19 Plonkers Lucerne
10/24 VOTE Ridgecrest
11/14 VOTE Keyesville
12/11-12 SDTR/VOTE/Combo 2 day trial Cahuilla

1/16 VOTE Romoland
2/13 SDTR Corral Canyon
3/6 Plonkers Lucerne
3/26 VOTE El Trial de Espana
3/27 SCTA/VOTE Exhibition and Plonkers Adventure Ride
4/24 "YouthFund Trial" and SCTA Championship Awards

link to maps http://www.atatrials.com/maps.html

That looks pretty cool. We used to Trials our desert weapons out by the rocks right off of Camp Rock Rd. Try that on a full dressed desert bike... Thanks for sharing..:thumb:

We (I) use to d o the same thing....It aint easy that's for sure........................guess it's why they call them " the magicians of motorcycles"! :thumb:

I've been following all the trials this year on MAVTv. That's channel 1340 if you have Time Warner cable. They usually have them replayed on Saturday afternoons and Sunday. This past weekend was in NY.

Awesome thread Buck - I'd love to get a couple of trials bikes for the cottage :thumb:

If you have the DVR box from Time Warner Cable, I set it to record all AMA motorcycle events. I just told you where to look, but it wasn't my thread. MAVTv and VS channels. Credit goes to the original poster. :thumb: I set it to record "Racer TV" as well as I get GNCC and enduro events!