Spark Arrestors

I have not and it seems there are many other easier ways to start a fire. But, that does not mean it is not a good preventative measure. My boy and his friend went out a while back and his YZ250F does not have a spark arrestor. they pulled into the staging area and two rangers came over to the truck and wanted to check the bikes. One of them took out his poker and stuck it down my son's silencer and then his buddies and turned and said thanks, you guys are good to go. Now that is some good rangering. :noidea:

I have not and it seems there are many other easier ways to start a fire. But, that does not mean it is not a good preventative measure. My boy and his friend went out a while back and his YZ250F does not have a spark arrestor. they pulled into the staging area and two rangers came over to the truck and wanted to check the bikes. One of them took out his poker and stuck it down my son's silencer and then his buddies and turned and said thanks, you guys are good to go. Now that is some good rangering. :noidea:
Hahaha :lol:

I have seen a poorly packed silencer shoot some good sparks out the end. I have not seen one start a fire. I am always baffled at the spark arrestor requirement in our local desert as I have never in my 90 years seen reminiscences of a fire except those bushes burnt by campers.

I can see it in the forest as you are closer to the trees and those things take off when lit up, but the Dez? With that, I am baffled at my bikes. I have a 450 motocross bike that comes stock with a forest approved silencer via a screen insert and I bike made for off-road that come with a silencer that is not forest approved and no spark arrestor, so I had ot go purchase one. :picard: