Southern Style

Alright Bryce, you got me started....
Ever since I got back into dirtbikes, surfing has taken a back seat. I had a surf shack down in Baja for years and I just gave it away to mi vivesino this year. I'd rather use the yearly rent for my Costa Rica dream.
I've found that chasing waves, tide too high, tide too low, too windy, too crowded just didn't cut it compared to the guaranteed fun of twisting a throttle.
And then I started taking the bikes to Baja....

Which way to go?
August2008016a.jpg

In case you didn't guess the right way
August2008018a.jpg

August2008017a.jpg

August2008020a.jpg

August2008019a.jpg

a little "playground" track, lots of fun
August2008026a.jpg

sss
August2008032a.jpg

obligatory shipwreck stop (old bike)
August2008039a.jpg

almejas, sabrosa!
Uncasville509031.jpg

supercross ala mexico?
August2008043a.jpg

Haven't been down since last summer, maybe a big south swell in September will motivate me?

Nice track Baja, I have not been down for a year and a half. All on the Gulf side of course. Did a Husky ride 4 days over February 14th. Man that was fun. In fact My Avatar is from that ride. You/we need to put together a DBA tour. :banana:

Is it still too crazy to travel south of the border? Don't want to get killed:prof:

Not as bad as driving thru East LA. Here's a pic about 100 yards from where BajaTaxi's place was. Too bad I didnt know that back in March when I was down there. I would of Tee Pee'd it or something:lol:
A surfer friend of John's owns this hostel. A funny guy! We had fish packed on ice for 3 days to bring to this guy, all the way from WA.:lol: I was down there with a group from WA. one of which was a fisherman.
Do I look skeerd? Because I couldnt be happier in this pic. Hungry and beat but oh so happy! So when are you heading back down John? Or is it Costa Rica from now on???
IMG_0518-1.jpg

IMG_0520.jpg

Man you guys are killing me. I'm definitly putting it on my bucket list. Do you guys ever run into trouble (Mexican Drug smugglers etc) Little Idaho boy might be a little skeerd. It will be a few years before I can do it so maybe things will be settled down but I want to do it bad! This would be better then going to Paris or some other fu fu crap.

Man you guys are killing me. I'm definitly putting it on my bucket list. Do you guys ever run into trouble (Mexican Drug smugglers etc) Little Idaho boy might be a little skeerd. It will be a few years before I can do it so maybe things will be settled down but I want to do it bad! This would be better then going to Paris or some other fu fu crap.
I think those Idaho rednecks with shotguns are more skeery. People dissapear in those mountains!
Stay out of TJ, don't hang with Cartel or Policia, stock up on penicillin, all will be good....you mentioned Club Paris-you sound like a baja local:devil: