South SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA HOLIDAY SEASON 2016

SRAD97750

Staff member
Left apple valley on tuesday and headed for spangler hills.
Planned to be alone for 5 days with the dog but ended up getting word of Weathergeek camping off Searles Cutoff.
Headed that way for some community fire, and I know he likes hard liquors.
IMG_6881.JPG

IMG_6911.JPG

Set up the new rig and awning.
IMG_6922.JPG

IMG_6915.JPG

Our Camp started growing everyday. From 5 to probably 15-20 before I left.
IMG_6913.JPG

I rode with Rack and Jr. for a short loop, had a great time.
Hung out and chatted with CDA, Weathergeek, and countless other forumists around the fire. (TT, DBA, or the likes)
IMG_6914.JPG

Dog loved it as well.
IMG_6923.JPG

Light rain Friday morning kept the traction in Utopian condition.
IMG_6925.JPG

IMG_6926.JPG
Headed out Saturday morning to beat the traffic and I was beat as well. Until next time!
-BIG DAN:thumb:

Looks like Wilson's is NOT going to do the ride this year, usually done weekend after Pres day.......Im planning on going on Pres day weekend, get there Fri afternoon and leave Mon morn..............

I will be in Arizona again for that week and not coming home ever again after a big weekend. Traffic has just been sucking the monster one every time we try and come home anymore. Lucky for us home isn't going to be here in So Cal much longer. Next time out in the desert we will visit and not have to leave for home any time soon. :banana:

It was great Chatting around the fire with you Big D..:thumb: Sorry we did not get a ride in before you left.

I completely forgot my camera at home so not many pics.

The CTR clan headed out on Thursday afternoon once I got home from work and loaded the bikes in the truck.

The Manager followed me out in the truck with the bikes and snapped a pic of the rig pulling the festive jeep.
RV-Jeep.jpg

We got out just as the sun went down. Hung out around the fire and chatted with a few people including Big D. Haven't seen him in a few years.
The next day, a ride was organized and I geared up and ran sweep. Some of the crew coming down a little rocky section.
Trail.jpg

I was playing on the new addition to the CDA Arsenal
TrailFR.jpg

We did some nice single track and I threw the scooter up the Royal Flush, literally threw it up. Flipped it completely upside down. Hoping some GoPro video will surface on that one. We went about half way and decided to turn around as the other crew that was with us was not going to attempt. Save that for another trip and a select few...:devil:

We made our way over to Barbie Paradise to see if it was still surviving. It has been a couple years, I think since we last visited.

Still there, though looking pretty shabby.
BarbieParadise.jpg

Looks like a nuclear bomb aftermath or a bunch of skin cancer victims. These 2 beauties took the sun straight on.
Barbiecar.jpg

The faded CTR sticker needs to be updated as well as a lot of the clothes. The sun and weather really took a toll on them. The Mgr said she would pick up some new clothes and the next trip they will re-dress them plus add to the site. Needs an RV and house out there.

Last edited:
That ride burned most the day and when I got back, the MGR wanted to get out, so I loaded her and some others in the jeep and I took them out to Barbie Paradise to check it out before the sun went down.

The next day, my daughter's boyfriend asked if I knew where the Koy Pond was out by the Husky monument. Told him I had no idea, so we decided to get the crew out of camp with the little ones. We loaded up the jeep and his pre-runner and headed out. Sure enough out in the middle of no where, is McDonald's Well. Story goes that this well has been out there for years and some people dropped off some Koy and they kept multiplying.
KoyPnd.jpg

There is even some fish food in the bushes so you can feed them as Tadpole just did.
TadpoleKoy.jpg

Eat up little guys.
KoyPond.jpg

The crew, plus a tasty beverage.
Koypd.jpg

After we checked out the Koi Pond, we loaded up and headed to old Boron Prison.

So we headed across the desert and popped out on 395 just up the street from the abandon Boron Prison.

Hey, let's go down there, it looks dark and scary.
Boron4.jpg

Good thing I brought this flash light along.
Boron1.jpg

Smile! I know why it is so dark, you still have your sunglasses on..:smirk:
Boron2.jpg

Had to leave a little HP here...:devil:
Boron3.jpg

This building looks like it has a massive soccer ball mounted to the top.
Boron5.jpg

Checking out the views.
Boron6.jpg

After that we loaded up and headed to Ransburg, it was pretty packed and getting late so we turned around and headed to camp. Took the short cut across the desert to get more dirt on the vehicles. We got back right before the rain started coming down. BBQ'd up some blue cheese burgers and we brought in the new year with some games, friends and some partying in the RV.

Happy New Year! Need to get out on another trip and I will bring the camera next time and really put a Ride report together.
:wave:

Looks like Wilson's is NOT going to do the ride this year, usually done weekend after Pres day.......Im planning on going on Pres day weekend, get there Fri afternoon and leave Mon morn..............
While there may not be a "Wilsons ride" there still may be a ride :devil:. Check back with me at the end of the month I may know more by then.

So we headed across the desert and popped out on 395 just up the street from the abandon Boron Prison.

Hey, let's go down there, it looks dark and scary.
View attachment 30171

Good thing I brought this flash light along.
View attachment 30168

Smile! I know why it is so dark, you still have your sunglasses on..:smirk:
View attachment 30169

Had to leave a little HP here...:devil:
View attachment 30170

This building looks like it has a massive soccer ball mounted to the top.
View attachment 30172

Checking out the views.
View attachment 30173

After that we loaded up and headed to Ransburg, it was pretty packed and getting late so we turned around and headed to camp. Took the short cut across the desert to get more dirt on the vehicles. We got back right before the rain started coming down. BBQ'd up some blue cheese burgers and we brought in the new year with some games, friends and some partying in the RV.

Happy New Year! Need to get out on another trip and I will bring the camera next time and really put a Ride report together.
:wave:

You had the camera for the LAB2V. Where is that ride report?

Nice report Dave. The Koi Pond, what the heck is that doing out there? In all the years I have never even heard about that, now I have a good reason to head back out there and check things out. :noidea: