some LPNF Vids

The few times I have lead, I find that you need to be on your toes. Sometimes riding these single tracks in the forest, you get a sense of, your alone and you have the trails to yourself. however, that is not the case. I have had to lock it up a few times, especially the tejon. seems like that main corridor is busier than most trails in the LPNF.

Most times i'm in the back, because (1) I am slow, and (2) everyone else is faster than me. LOLOL.

You're too funny. Jill and I are going to ride the trails in the park on Sunday. We plan to stage either at the entry or Edison around 9AM. Staging at the entry my avoid the Q-tards stirring up the dust! Enjoy the ride Saturday.:wave: If you are up for an in the park ride Sunday, let me know.

My GoproHD is locking up when I turn it on and press the shutter button so I sent a problem report to GoPro. Unfortunately, they won't get to it until Tuesday or Wed.:cry: Edit: Now I find that this only happens with the second SD card I used. When I put the first SD card in, everything works!

Another outstanding ride. There was three of us, ediot (Steve), randy450r (Randy), and msgtretired (Ron). We took the Cougar trail to Sterling canyon, and then up East Frazier (120), across Fireroad (8N42) to the top, down Whata (131), Tejon (122), Long Dave (123), lockwood (127), YellowJacket (126), then back Yellowjacket (126), Lockwood (127), West Frazier (118), West Frazier tie (119), Fireroad (8N42), and down East Frazier (120). My GPS identifies it as 47.5 miles.

Lot's of vehicles up top. Hunters. Going up east frazier, my left foot slipped off the peg and got banged pretty good between a bouder and the peg. at first I thought I broke the foot. But that wasn't gonna stop me from riding. lolol. also, later in the ride, I noticed the Forest service didn't remove the cabling on Yellowjacket. I clearly marked it and Randy and Steve raised it higher. Tried to cut it with my cutters, but I didn't suceed. Going down East Frazier, Randy decided to fly off his bike. Other than a hurt leg, he seems to be fine. wheew, It was fun pulling it up to the trail. It was like 15 feet down the cliff, and the dirt was loose. I felt my age on that one.

It was a fun day even though we didn't make it to upper Piru.

Cable across trail...
DSC03430.jpg

Randy's bike...
DSC03434.jpg

about ready to climb down the side and rescue his bike...
DSC03432.jpg

Hope your foot is ok Sgt.. Randy looks a bit dusty and sweaty:smirk:I hope he brought enough water!
Glad you had fun! Im going to go insane if I dont get on my dirt bike soon:banghead:

Hope your foot is ok Sgt.. Randy looks a bit dusty and sweaty:smirk:I hope he brought enough water!
Glad you had fun! Im going to go insane if I dont get on my dirt bike soon:banghead:

Foot is fine, just a slight pain. what is killing me is my damn knee. the one I injured a few weeks back. maybe I put too much weight on it (no fat remarks, LOLOL) when recovering randy's bike (lift with your legs, not with your back), or maybe because it's slightly colder and us old guys get a case of Arthritis. naaaaa. can't be it, as I am a youngin'

You gotta get your bike ready, your gonna forget what dirt feels like.

I will probably ride tomorrow, not sure where or when, all depends on who's up for a ride and such.. too bad my KTM is still out of commision, else a street ride up into the big or little tujunga canyon would of been fun for a change.

Foot is fine, just a slight pain. what is killing me is my damn knee. the one I injured a few weeks back. maybe I put too much weight on it (no fat remarks, LOLOL) when recovering randy's bike (lift with your legs, not with your back), or maybe because it's slightly colder and us old guys get a case of Arthritis. naaaaa. can't be it, as I am a youngin'

You gotta get your bike ready, your gonna forget what dirt feels like.

I will probably ride tomorrow, not sure where or when, all depends on who's up for a ride and such.. too bad my KTM is still out of commision, else a street ride up into the big or little tujunga canyon would of been fun for a change.

What's up with the KTM?