Sold the bike...

You must have stayed at a holiday inn

Ive been known to do that Snow. Down side to that post is, that truthfully I didnt really make any money. As I was easily $1200 into the bike on top of what I paid for it. The new (current) owner still has it and swears its the best bike he has ever ridden. But it was money well spent. Cylinder replate, Race Tech Gold valving, RAD Valve, FMF Gnarly, and some other goodies. But...... I did sell it for more than I bought it for. And I had a good time on it.

Ive been known to do that Snow. Down side to that post is, that truthfully I didnt really make any money. As I was easily $1200 into the bike on top of what I paid for it. The new (current) owner still has it and swears its the best bike he has ever ridden. But it was money well spent. Cylinder replate, Race Tech Gold valving, RAD Valve, FMF Gnarly, and some other goodies. But...... I did sell it for more than I bought it for. And I had a good time on it.
I knew it. You can't break the #1 rule, you never get out of a bike what you put into it.
I bought my bike for 2650, had the motor rebuilt, suspension revalved ($1700ish, I don't remember exact) added a desert tank and stabilizer, all new plastics, guess what it'd probably sell for? 2500-2800

I knew it. You can't break the #1 rule, you never get out of a bike what you put into it

Its true. Though we do have a forum member that lives on the other side of the pond that broke that rule. Though I dont think he actually rode the bike. But he did enjoy the build.

Hey, I paid 1k for my bike add 600 for complete rebuild, buck fitty for a couple sikk grafics kits, 60 for seat cover, bout 100 for the wheel, shock, linkage bearings, about 100 rebuild the forks, 250 rebuild the shock, 30 for gear shift lever, 30 for the break lever...awe phuck it.... never mind, it ain't worth 10 grand like a new one. Might as well burn it.

I hope you're bringing that to LTM in a few weeks :thumb:. we're going to a Pro-Am/LLQ in PA next weekend, I think the route takes us right by you if you want to ride along.

NM wrong track. we go straight across on 70. see you in a few weeks

Last edited:

James

Staff member
I hope you're bringing that to LTM in a few weeks :thumb:. we're going to a Pro-Am/LLQ in PA next weekend, I think the route takes us right by you if you want to ride along.

NM wrong track. we go straight across on 70. see you in a few weeks
Thanks for the offer though and yes it's now part of the arsenal. :lol:

I'll be at Wildcat next weekend (12-13).

The only time you ever come out ahead on a dirtbike is the fun factor, for some of us the health factor, and even more of us it's a case of what else would you have spent on and how much.