So thats what happens when you take it out of 2nd gear (Chupacbara 100 Race Report)

Today I raced the Chupacabra 100 (race 5 of the NMDRC series)

So in a nutshell

I got there, started to put the go pro on, it was dead, I figured i wouldn't need to as I had charged it mid week :noidea:
at the start I grabbed an early lead, missed the hole shot but blew the guys doors off in the next corner, held a distinct lead for about 15 miles, when entering a sandy section I got a little sideways, hit the next whoop, got completly sideways, and then both wheels hit the next sandwhoop at an angle, sending yours truly off the bike (which wanted its rider back and followed me, actually landed on my legs) my friend was kind enough to lift the bike off my legs for me before taking off into the sunset. (he would crash later on) so I finally get going good enough, my check point card (taped to my visor is dangling in my face, but I don't have any real way to reattach it, it falls off, I stop, put it in the pack, and take off again. at this point I realize that the clip that holds my camel back's hose in place was broken in the crash, as its been sucked into the rear caliper, so I break the mofo off, take off again. I ride my race, work my way back up through the dust which is bad enough in some areas you can't see in front of you, finish lap one, keep riding, passing guys without getting passed (I found out later I had come back from 3rd to last ) and on lap 2 I see another dust trail, a guy on a crf450x, not in my class but I use him as a goal, ok, I'll work on passing him. this ends up taking far too long, but we have a good race, I make the pass, ride till a checkpoint, after being asked about my card he passes me back, so now its on like Donkey Kong, we drop into a narrow sandwash, at the mouth of it I give it hell on the outside and just barely miss the pass, keep the pressure on, we leave the sandwash and on an uphill I try a pass on the inside, doesn't work, at this point the race is almost over, and I'm completly exhaust, so I put the cruise control on and work on finishing it as quickly as I can. My total race time was 1:56.29, finishing 6/13 in 250 novice and 17th out of 38th for all Novice bikes. After I fininshed, just after the guy on the Honda, congratulations on a good race, shook hands, went back to the pits. Had a good race, just need to work on not crashing and getting used to 3rd gear :/ I loved the course, it didn't have alot of haul ass areas, and was mostly technical stuff. :ride: pictures as I buy them from the photographers.

Summary:
Don't get too excited when leading
figure out something better for a camelback :/
WR's are scary when they cartwheel after you....
my riding pants are torn :rant:
some of the best and nicest people around are motorcycle racers :ride:

Sounds like a fun time. Good job on not calling it a day after all the issues on the trial. Why do you put you check card on your visor and not the front fender? We run them on the front fender so it is easy to tag when coming through the check. Nice results though. :thumb: Waiting for pics.

+1

TSP.gif