250 smoking yz250

I have a 98 yz250 that's been sitting for a few weeks. I went to change the oil and hardly anything came out. I put .75 litres in as the manual states and its smoking like crazy and oil is spitting out the tailpipe. It was running fine a couple weeks ago no smoke at all. What should I do? Just run it til it stops smoking?

I have a 98 yz250 that's been sitting for a few weeks. I went to change the oil and hardly anything came out. I put .75 litres in as the manual states and its smoking like crazy and oil is spitting out the tailpipe. It was running fine a couple weeks ago no smoke at all. What should I do? Just run it til it stops smoking?
Sounds like a crank seal leaking.

I did a little more research and thought the same...is that an expensive fix? I don't really know enough to do it myself
Don't know what a shop would charge, but probably 50 bucks or so for seals,gaskets,and oil,if you do it yourself....and remember this, no one knew how to do something till they did it they're self the first time, If you want to tackle it, I suggest getting a manual first, and pay attention to everything you take apart. It's really not hard at all. When you look at the crank seals pay attention to the sealing surface of the crank for scoring or grooves. Good luck.

could also be residual fuel build up in the crank area. more often than not the fuel leaks into crank case slowly over a few weeks because the fuel switch was left on... .75 liters is way too much for a crank seal I would think.