Small Bikes that still have the goods?

For what it is worth, my son has the 150R and it is the small wheel version as he is short. The bike runs very strong and he does a good job keeping up with all the big bikes. I have never done anything to this bike except change the oil and clean the air filter. I have geared it up a tooth on the counter sprocket and it still has good low end for single track and hills but still lacks good top end. Maybe I am used to my bike though. :thinking: I am beginning to think about the next bike for him as he will soon need to expand.

Can you make the small wheel version a big wheel version? How old and big is your son?

From what I understand you can switch the swing arm and the wheels and that is it. :thinking: My boy is 14 and not too tall but thick. :smirk: I am not sure if it is worth the time and money to make the swap or just go to another larger bike. The problem is will he be able to ride a larger bike safely and touch the ground when needed. I much prefer him on a smaller bike that he can bitch about than be on one that he can get hurt on. :prof:
Can you make the small wheel version a big wheel version? How old and big is your son?

From what I understand you can switch the swing arm and the wheels and that is it. :thinking: My boy is 14 and not too tall but thick. :smirk: I am not sure if it is worth the time and money to make the swap or just go to another larger bike. The problem is will he be able to ride a larger bike safely and touch the ground when needed. I much prefer him on a smaller bike that he can bitch about than be on one that he can get hurt on. :prof:

Thats where I am. I rather get a 150 expert and have them lacking a little power. I mean really I think a 80-100# person should be able to really make that 150 dance!

Like I said earlier, my buddy had a 150R, it was a fast little bike, he never checked the valves, always fires right up, and should you have to adjust the valves its got a rocker arm valve train, easy queasy.