Sloppy the Bronco

Get a boyfriend. We don't judge..........
Homo.

For the record I never said girlfriend. I think should just chase it down. Guy or girl. Hit it then go ride a dirtbike.
or how about I stay single don't have to support someone else out of my bust my ass job and just enjoy doing things I like to do? most people have proven to be wasted time at this point.

Installed the locker, the manual says you should have .145" gap between the 2 halves, I have .138(ish) (I don't have a dial indicator small enough, reached this number by stacking feeler gauges so it could have a couple .001's more. My thrust washers are the smallest ones I can find in parts fiches, a google search for aussie locker ford 8.8 says this is common and aussie themselves at one point told people a little too tight was ok, I emailed them, but I've kinda decided to run it and if theres nothing overly bad while driving it I'll leave it alone.
Started cutting the winch bumper down and working on mounting the winch.
16864886_10211417004757133_4804175049549876216_n.jpg

I think you are fine at .007 too snug. You are not going to be driving on ice too much and wont freak if it tries to push a little bit in slow parking lot turns. I hope you like it.

I think you are fine at .007 too snug. You are not going to be driving on ice too much and wont freak if it tries to push a little bit in slow parking lot turns. I hope you like it.
Yeah, I've driven it around town a bit, it seems fine to me.
I guess if it blows up I'll have the perfect excuse for a 9"

Either it gets hard to steer or you get some chirping off the back in parking lots like when you weld up the spiders. We did that to a 67 short bed that belonged to a friend's dad. He put a fairly built 406 in it and ended up with something that smoked one tire all the time. So when Mike brought it over to give me a ride in it I told him I could fix that for him. His dad wasn't as happy as we thought he would be.

Sloppy went to moab this past week, had a great time, on the first day we did top of the world trail, and the bronco performed great for an almost stock rig that was condemned to the crusher at one point, as we neared the top though, I put a hole in the fuel tank dropping off some ledges, minor, but there.

c

So being a sunday afternoon, there wasn't much we could do about it, monday morning I went to the oreilly's and ordered everything I thought I needed, new strainer, tank, o ring for the fuel pump hanger on next day delivery.
I took dirt bikes with me so I rode that over hells revenge and fins n things monday, oddly enough I finished about 20 minutes before the quad boys and jeeps? :)

On tuesday my tank arrived, so in the morning I sprayed it with shitty truck bed liner since it was a bare metal tank and went off to porcupine rim

Got back put the tank in, celebrated by buying $70 of fuel at moab prices andddd it puking fuel out once totally full. The grommet for the vent was a little chewed up, or I think possibly the line for the vent popped off, however, the bronco suddenly started running poorly at this point, where as back home it had no problem pulling 75 on the highway it seemed to struggle just to run 60-65, no misfire, just seemed like it had a lot less power up top, possibly o2 sensor (running rich) temp sensor, or something related to the tank leak, I dont know yet. I took it on chicken corners which was a 2wd trail, where bronco decided it wanted to be a pre runner, but after that it sat the rest of the trip

On my final day in moab, we rode poision spider to golden spike to where eagles dare to gold bar rim and back down gemini bridges
it was fun carrying 2 motorcycles across golden crack :/

Some people might be like oh what do you want with that pos that broke twice in one trip, well, I knew it wasn't 110%, but I wanted to know how well it would do as an off roader, and for a nearly stock truck, it did fantastic, although this is bad bad news for my pocket book :/ I have been looking at ttb lifts, mainly desolate motorsports and solo, about $1700 for a 4 inch, which is what i want, plus 33's and either a selectable locker or true trac in the front, plus the usual body armor, sliders, rear bumper, etc etc, as always, if anyone has any input into the lifts and the mystery of why it runs poorly all of a sudden I'm all ears, I intend to buy a obd1 code reader, I get sick of the playing count the flashes

On my final day in moab, we rode poision spider to golden spike to where eagles dare to gold bar rim and back down gemini bridges
it was fun carrying 2 motorcycles across golden crack :/

Some people might be like oh what do you want with that pos that broke twice in one trip, well, I knew it wasn't 110%, but I wanted to know how well it would do as an off roader, and for a nearly stock truck, it did fantastic, although this is bad bad news for my pocket book :/ I have been looking at ttb lifts, mainly desolate motorsports and solo, about $1700 for a 4 inch, which is what i want, plus 33's and either a selectable locker or true trac in the front, plus the usual body armor, sliders, rear bumper, etc etc, as always, if anyone has any input into the lifts and the mystery of why it runs poorly all of a sudden I'm all ears, I intend to buy a obd1 code reader, I get sick of the playing count the flashes

Get that reader. Hard to believe it has been 17 years this month that I last rode there. Were you on a two wheeler then?

Get that reader. Hard to believe it has been 17 years this month that I last rode there. Were you on a two wheeler then?
yeah, everything except for top of the world and chicken corners was on the wr.
I know all about making the computer flash the check engine light to get the codes, I grow tired of playing that game though so for $25 I'll take the code reader please

Exactly. I have had some things flash different codes when you recheck. The reader pics up more than I do, and for the price it just makes sense.