Sidi Crossfire MX Boots - Are they worth the money?

I have the 10's and I think they are crap, they wear out way too fast for what they cost and I have had the same problems with buckles as NeverSurfaced, they just dont last. IMO Sidi's are way better quality, they will be the next boot I buy. This guy even resoles Astar boots with Sidi soles because Astars are crap! http://www.factoryresole.com/

Are Sidi Crossfire boots worth it? They are to me.

I never ever want 2 nurses trying to get my boot off my broken leg again, unless it is a step in boot that is easy to get in/out of.

Comfy and offers much protection too. The only other one I would consider is the Gaerne SG10s maybe, I have not shopped for boots in a few years.

There was a case study here explaining the benefits of hinged boots.
http://www.teamorthopedics.com/boots.html

But that has been removed.

Are Sidi Crossfire boots worth it? They are to me.

I never ever want 2 nurses trying to get my boot off my broken leg again, unless it is a step in boot that is easy to get in/out of.

Comfy and offers much protection too. The only other one I would consider is the Gaerne SG10s maybe, I have not shopped for boots in a few years.

There was a case study here explaining the benefits of hinged boots.
http://www.teamorthopedics.com/boots.html

But that has been removed.

+1 on the Gaerne SG10's. They are well made and comfy. Only complaint is that I can't feel the shifter. I got mine 2 years ago and they are holding up well. I got them brand new on closeout for $189 plus shipping. It was an "or best offer" deal. I imagine they didn't want a pair of red size 15 boots rotting on the shelf, so they took my first offer.

Crossfire and the Crossfire SR boots are so worth it! The price is a little scary, but i love them! I have the Chargers right now. (love the chargers too!) If you aren't willing to pay for the crossfires, i would look into the Chargers. They are fairly cheap and very comfortable.

I've always had Tech 8's untill last year then I got a pair of 10's and they are total crap mine started to come apart after a month of riding I called Alpinestars and they said if I paid for shipping both ways they would GLUE them back together for me I told them I could glue them myself and they said go for it. I'm going back to 8's soon. for me the 8's and 10's fit the same as my shoes I wear 11 shoe and my boots are 11's. Unfortunelatly they quit making the Vectors. but the 8's are my boot of choice now they lasted a lot longer then I could imagine

Rack, I just went to the Sidi, and I can say I will not look into another type/brand of boot ever again as long as these are on the market. They squeak like a cop boot when new but loose that after some dirt get between the leather and plastic. I LOVE THESE BOOTS I have the Crossfire TA. I do think the orange ones will not last as long as the black ones either. :P I got mine for motorcyclesuper after trying them on local for fitment. I tried to get them for the same price but the Stealer would not drop them to 450 OTD.

I must of got the factory team built Tech 10's, because I have not had an issue with mine.

:thinking:But I do only wear mine from the trailer to my chair and round the fire at night to look fast and cool...:devil:

Not all purty shinny black anymore though:

alpinestars%20tech%2010%20black_310x310.jpg

The soles of both my Tech-10s have worn through just in front of the heel as well - not sure if it's the boots or the White Bros pegs I've got, but you can stick your finger through the sole.

I've also broken my right foot while wearing the Techs - Not sure if I would have fared any better in another pair of boots (4th gear whoop swap-out explosion), but... :rant:

everything i have heard about the sidi's are that they are awesome I have heard the same thing about Gaerne SG-12 and SG-10. My dad has some of the 12's and says that he will never go with another boot as long as their making them. But the SG-10's are about 100 bucks cheaper which throws them in around the same price range as the tech 8's and they are a hinged boot so no break in.