Sidi Crossfire MX Boots - Are they worth the money?

My last 3 pair of boots have been Alpinestar Tech 7's. I seem to go through a pair every 2 years. I am considering the Sidi Crossfire. Are they worth the money or is it good marketing on Sidi's part?

http://www.motonation.com/sidihome.asp

crossfire_black_orange_600.jpg

crossf_srs_blabla_166_detail.jpg

James

Staff member
My last 3 pair of boots have been Alpinestar Tech 7's. I seem to go through a pair every 2 years. I am considering the Sidi Crossfire. Are they worth the money or is it good marketing on Sidi's part?

http://www.motonation.com/sidihome.asp

crossfire_black_orange_600.jpg

crossf_srs_blabla_166_detail.jpg
Since you already use the Tech 7's, have you considered just moving up to the Tech 10's? I've heard nothing but great things about them. I currently wear 7's but my next ones will be the 10's. :thumb:

Since you already use the Tech 7's, have you considered just moving up to the Tech 10's? I've heard nothing but great things about them. I currently wear 7's but my next ones will be the 10's. :thumb:

I have tried the 8's or 10's don'r recall which. I did not care for the booties that slide into the boot.

ive heard from so many people(even a sales guy in a bike shop) say that the tech 10's are total crap and to stick with the 8's. I have POS Fly Mavericks which dont offer that much protection but they were 99 bucks so of course they would be better then what i have now but for the 500 dollar range there is a lot better i guess.

ive heard from so many people(even a sales guy in a bike shop) say that the tech 10's are total crap and to stick with the 8's. I have POS Fly Mavericks which dont offer that much protection but they were 99 bucks so of course they would be better then what i have now but for the 500 dollar range there is a lot better i guess.
I have been wearing 10's for a few years now and they are great boots. No issues with them.

James

Staff member
Really? My guess it has a lot to do with the bootie, which is why i got the 7 to start with. But after talking to a buddy that has them (10's), I don't think it'll bother me.

ive never wore them so i dont know i will take the word of you guys over a salesman anytime. I do wish i could remember these one boots i was looking at tho... could have been the crossfires but im not sure.. all the plastics towards the bottom were removable and replaceable... also the sole could be replaced and they had a forward to back flex out the box and i was told you dont have that crazy "breaking in" feeling... they were in the 500 dollar range as well.

I've had Tech-10s for about 2 years now and wouldn't buy another pair. The upper and middle buckles on both boots stopped working after two or three rides. I now have to use duct tape to keep them fastened, with is absolute crap for $450 boots.

the booties are why the 8s are soooo good. They fit when you put em on and no pain in the ankle. You can walk in the boots without pain. BEST boots Ive ever had. My wife has Sidi and they are good too, but I have not worn any to know about comfort.

Go ahead and laugh
I love Vectors but now I cannot find them.

So one day I see a close out for 129 for ARC 240's
Since I ride snow and rain I run multiple pairs, I cannot
dry them out fast enough.

The Arc was a solid hinged boot that has not broke anything in a year.:shocked:

I was always buying parts for Alpinestars.