Show us Your Trucks!

I'm secure with my manhood, so I drive this:

582f101e.jpg

:moon:

:smirk:

Piece of Shit Ford, POwerStroke. One of the few times it wasnt seen on a tow truck.

Curious Dman. Did this truck have a EGR valve issue. My buddy has a POS ford (as you and he say). Seems there is a problem with the EGR or something on some of the models. Anywho... it caused his engine to over heat without setting off a light or guage and toasted the engine. Ford will fix it... for $11,000. Oh yah, his warranty expired 4 months earlier. Ford told him this is a known problem but will not help him out. Just wondering if you have the same issue.

IIRC, Ford's relationship with Navistar ultimately fell apart because of the 6.0 PSD. I won't forget the 6.0 F250 I saw on the grade coming north out of Castaic on Labor Day weekend several years ago. It was lifted a bit, dragging a toy hauler around 28', and blocking both truck lanes by Templin Hwy. Traffic was crawling, so I got a real good look at all the oil and chunks of iron strewn under the truck leading up to the engine. It may have been overloaded, overheated, over fueled, etc, but it was still a 6.0. Within months of that I was following one home that was billowing blue oil smoke...I got a video of that one. :busted:

I like Fords, but think I would prefer a Dodge/Cummins as diesels go. Mmmmmmm......6CT swap. :shocked:

280o8ar.jpg

353cgeu.jpg

i took these with my phone the other day. It an 2008 chevy LTZ fully loaded and thats my dog spanky who likes to chace me till he drops!

Curious Dman. Did this truck have a EGR valve issue. My buddy has a POS ford (as you and he say). Seems there is a problem with the EGR or something on some of the models. Anywho... it caused his engine to over heat without setting off a light or guage and toasted the engine. Ford will fix it... for $11,000. Oh yah, his warranty expired 4 months earlier. Ford told him this is a known problem but will not help him out. Just wondering if you have the same issue.

EGR valve, is that the one that fails and fill they cylinders up with antifreeze? If so no, but when the engine was torn apart I had that bypass kit installed so it wont happen.

Like the guy you know, my engine failed weeks after the warranty expired, the time on the warranty I should say. Ford refused to stand by the truck or give me a break with cost. The engine only had 51,000 miles when it toasted. Ford wanted $15k to fix it, I got a local bus and truck shop to rebuild it for $11k. Since then I have dumped another $3+k into repairs. So, In less than 365 days I have put $14k into repairs on this pos truck. I am trying to unload it and am looking for a long bed 4x Tundra.