Show Us Your Tattoo's

the ear plates thing i never really got into. i grew up seeing all those national geographics with the african people and the plates in thier lips and the neck stretching thing. So when this fad hit the scene i just always relate it to that and wonder wtf people want that for.
Because it is cool...Plus it look s sweet when you are 40 and your earlobes are sagging...

Because it is cool...Plus it look s sweet when you are 40 and your earlobes are sagging...

i guess thats what im saying... i never thought it looked "cool" also it does look disgusting as fuck when the plugs are not in. I try not to judge tho cause my tattoo's are not gonna look so pretty when i get old as well.

^^ things like this make me wonder why people even bother.. that makes no sense. stretch ears are the same commitment as a tattoo. nobody gets a tat saying, planning on taking it off when your 40. the best thing to do about something you don't like is nothing. words like that are toooo common, and in the same boat as 'does that thing have a powerband?'... remember, alot if people hate motorcycles, but you love them. thats what its all about :thumb:

i guess thats what im saying... i never thought it looked "cool" also it does look disgusting as fuck when the plugs are not in. I try not to judge tho cause my tattoo's are not gonna look so pretty when i get old as well.
well then you need to educate yourself about tattoos :wink: the tattoos you have, if done right, will look ok when your 80, as long as your skin is all good... you gotta think about this, looking at an old guys messed up navy tattoos has nothing to do with tattoos being done today... better ink, better guns, better power supply, better needles, better aftercare. tattoos last forever now :P and you can't pick and choose :rolleyes: tattoos fall into the body modification category, and stretched ears- same thing.. those tribal people your talking about- they had tattoos.. that chain around your leg- a modern version of a 'band'... :eek::eek:AND PLEASE DON'T CALL THEM EAR PLATES :eek::eek:<br><br><br>:P

^^ things like this make me wonder why people even bother.. that makes no sense. stretch ears are the same commitment as a tattoo. nobody gets a tat saying, planning on taking it off when your 40. the best thing to do about something you don't like is nothing. words like that are toooo common, and in the same boat as 'does that thing have a powerband?'... remember, alot if people hate motorcycles, but you love them. thats what its all about :thumb:
And more power to you.:thumb: The diff between tats and sagging earlobes is that most tats can be covered down the road with clothing. Not covering the ears as easy...

And more power to you.:thumb: The diff between tats and sagging earlobes is that most tats can be covered down the road with clothing. Not covering the ears as easy...
Like my new tat?
503473-guccimane_tattoo_617x617.jpg

I see what your saying, but if somebody regretted it that bad, you can get em stitched :confused: I know older people with em, I dont think somebody with anything over an inch would 'cover them up'... and anything smaller will close after awhile

well then you need to educate yourself about tattoos :wink: the tattoos you have, if done right, will look ok when your 80, as long as your skin is all good... you gotta think about this, looking at an old guys messed up navy tattoos has nothing to do with tattoos being done today... better ink, better guns, better power supply, better needles, better aftercare. tattoos last forever now :P and you can't pick and choose :rolleyes: tattoos fall into the body modification category, and stretched ears- same thing.. those tribal people your talking about- they had tattoos.. that chain around your leg- a modern version of a 'band'... :eek::eek:AND PLEASE DON'T CALL THEM EAR PLATES :eek::eek:<br><br><br>:P

thats simply not true. i dont care how good the tat is tattoo's fade and thigns sag as you get older. unless i get touched up. that is just a fact and i have plenty of old uncles to prove it. technology hasnt really changed much in all these years.

also you missed my point all together. yes tattooing is a body modification but you cant just lump all body modifications together. some are way more extreme then others. also i didnt get tattooed on my face so the effect is no where near the same.

and im sorry if it bothers you but you should know the roots of what it is you are doing and you are putting plates in your ear. its the truth.

PS... a modern version of a band ...LMAO please elaborate more on what point you are trying to make...

do i have a band around my leg... yes. Are you saying that whenever you see a band it reminds you of some african tribe? or some other thing? because that was the point i was trying to make.

.personally i think of pamala anderson and her barb wire tattoo when i see a band :lol:

thats simply not true. i dont care how good the tat is tattoo's fade and thigns sag as you get older. unless i get touched up. that is just a fact and i have plenty of old uncles to prove it. technology hasnt really changed much in all these years.

also you missed my point all together. yes tattooing is a body modification but you cant just lump all body modifications together. some are way more extreme then others. also i didnt get tattooed on my face so the effect is no where near the same.

and im sorry if it bothers you but you should know the roots of what it is you are doing and you are putting plates in your ear. its the truth.

PS... a modern version of a band ...LMAO please elaborate more on what point you are trying to make...

do i have a band around my leg... yes. Are you saying that whenever you see a band it reminds you of some african tribe? or some other thing? because that was the point i was trying to make.

.personally i think of pamala anderson and her barb wire tattoo when i see a band :lol:
1- tattoos dont just bleed together and fade like they did back in the day.
2- where are you getting plates from? LOL
3- and band around a limb means something. not to you personally, but tribal bands originated where?? a bicycle chain in place of the tribal makes me think of tribal men riding bikes :lol: see how stupid it is to try and compare today with 100s and 100s of years ago?
this is very similar to the debate a few days ago about people viewing all motorcycles riders in one big group... tattoos and stretched ears are ketchup and mustard.. some people only like ketchup, but I like both :thumb:

no its not stupid unless you make it stupid. the difference is you are just making shit up. Nat geo did play the fuck out of that shit back in the day and now its a fad. Tattoo's might have originated from tribes and the ancient chineese but in todays world here in the USA it became popular because of soldiers and sailers

and you are still wrong... todays tattoos do fade and its its your skin that stretches and gets old making them blur. i dont know who is telling you that stuff but they are not right.

also my tattoo is no where near tribal so its not even close.... you on the other hand have something that is EXACTLY what they were doing... it is called a plate because that is the shape of it when they get bigger... some just use plugs at first but end up putting a plate in there when it gets bigger.

ohh and BTW im never compared it to something from hundreds of years ago... that shit is still practiced today and the fad came from pictures and video that was taken in the 80's

:lol: that natgeo special was as good as 'winners take all' :lol:
I gotta go clean my plates, or maybe ill call it wash the dishes from now on :P
we did always joke about the lip ones cause they get them so big its like having a built in dinner plate :lol:

seriously tho its impossible to really say but i bet that if that shit was never on nat geo it prolly woldnt be popular with the younger people today.

NG, First place I ever seen a set of :ride: ugly but :ride: I liked the one where the tribal men had a bamboo shoot covering there dicks with a string around their waist to hold it on, the bigger the bamboo shoot the higher up in the tribe you were. Now I do this on the weekend around the privacy of my pool as I hang out with my wife. Nothing better than a bamboo shoot to cover your most precious parts. Works good as a pointer also. :smirk:

we did always joke about the lip ones cause they get them so big its like having a built in dinner plate :lol:

seriously tho its impossible to really say but i bet that if that shit was never on nat geo it prolly woldnt be popular with the younger people today.
what?? when was the national geographic special?? this had been in the rock n roll- then punk-then metal- then death metal- then death core scene- now its mainstream and everybody knows all about it....its been a part of the tattoo industry since tattoos have been an industry. ill guarantee it had nothing to do with the national geographic channel :lol: and btw, tech has changes since American traditional was born, do a little internet searching about how they made ink back then compared to now. they didn't have digital power supplies and 1000 different guns to choose from. the detailed tattoos of today werent possible in the 50s. people could draw just as good back then. tattooing progresses every year..
ps.. look up how pissed people in the tattoo world get about that little special :wink: its literally like calling winners take all an mx biography...