Show off your ride...but more importantly, show off your stereo!

So.. I'm curious if anyone on the forum is into stereos? I thought I would give it a shot and see if people are interested in showing their stereo and other audio equipment. As well as showing their daily driver or even their prized show car.

About a year ago a little before I got my drivers permit I bought my first car. I ended up with a 1992 Ford Explorer (Now Exploder). Had like 180k on it but she was clean and we'll taken care of. I've done little stuff to add a teenage touch. I added wheels and tires, pinstripe, grille, 2" lift and a few other things.....oh and a stereo that's probably worth more than the blue book on the car itself LOL. I started out with 1 12 and just got bit by the bass bug.

I have an average Kenwood deck, 1200 watts rms powering 2 Alpine Type R 15s. 15s are loaded in a 6-7 cube ported box tuned to 32 hertz. 200 watts rms to 4 Rockford Fosgate 6×8s. 1/0 gauge from my battery to capacitor then 4 gauge to my amps. It's a clean sounding system and I impress a lot of people I demo for. I'm not about pissing everyone off at stoplights either...

I may be wasting my time here, but please if you have a system... share it!

Attachments

• 20140630_184517.jpg
    20140630_184517.jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 12
  • 20140630_184529.jpg
    20140630_184529.jpg
    172.1 KB · Views: 9
  • 20140630_184545.jpg
    20140630_184545.jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 8
  • 20140630_184700.jpg
    20140630_184700.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 10
  • 20140630_184636.jpg
    20140630_184636.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 10
Old pictures.

JVC 7inch indash,Green LED floor lights. Memphis audio 350 Class D mono amp,Memphis audio sealed synthetic box and 10inch shallow mount Memphis audio sub.

1044831_540392566030390_472421650_n.jpg

08 F150 is my Daily driver.

I used to be big into the car audio stuff, but not so much anymore.

no pictures, nothing to show off only the stock radidio in my 03 Silverado... plain Jane AM/FM/CD/Cassette (YES A CASSETTE... can you belee dat???) deck of which has come in reeeeaaal handy so I can use the cheap (real cheap) thing-a-ma-jig my daughter gave me to hook up my phone to play my itunes from... Used to have the iTRIP hook up but too much static and now new stations on the 1 and only "open" airwave". Now I just plug in the cassette/aux wire thing to the deck and phone and we're in biznizz.

All that goodness... :smirk:.... hooked up to several (only 4) 5x7 BOSE speakers of which have to be thee best STOCK speakers for that old of a vehicle. Get's the job done and I think it might be a little too much at times when I rolled up next to a punk in his beat-to-shit-rice-burner he had to blow his system up to drown mine out... :lol:... nothing like pumping out a little Brantley Gilbert (outlawish country boy)... to wake people up.

Get's the job done and I think it might be a little too much at times when I rolled up next to a punk in his beat-to-shit-rice-burner he had to blow his system up to drown mine out... :lol:... nothing like pumping out a little Brantley Gilbert (outlawish country boy)... to wake people up.

I hate when people have to roll up to stop lights and let everyone know what they are listening to. I can understand enjoying loud music, because I do. Just have the respect to turn it down at slow pace or standstill. Every now and then I come up next to someone blasting their music... I turn mine up then and they usually turn theirs down when the realize that it's not their own music shaking their car

Last edited:
This is my prized show car. 1999 Jeep cherokee 4x4. Paid a dollar for it, nobody believes me.

Doesn't actually look that pretty anymore though :lol:

I have about 200 dollars into my stereo in total :smirk:

6.5 Pioneers to replace my stock 5.25's. Free off the shelf at the shop :smirk:

80 dollars on Amazon to replace my old Alpine head unit that didn't have auxiliary

4 Gauge wire. Need a cap. If you know much about capacitors you should tell me what to get! I have no clue how to shop for one. When sitting at red lights my voltage gauge does a cool little dance and all of my lights start going in and out of mood lighting :smirk:

Free 10" Pioneer compliments of the shop shelf :smirk: Got to love abandoned car audio stuff. Paired with a free box compliments of the bro :lol:
and a 60 dollar 1200 watt (or was it 1700 watt I can't even remember right meow) Boss amp. I know, top of the line :cry: :lol:

Basically, I'm Impressed with my cheapo system. And this write up made me realize how lucky I am with all of these free things

PS that cat was free too. He was also found at that shop :lol:

Oh my gosh I almost for got to show my sickazzlights
80ad1510-15f6-4a0e-b60c-87945fbf9314_zps5267e64d.jpg

IMG_4115_zps487d0889.jpg

Wired to come on when in reverse or by a switch on the dash so I can blind people in any gear :smirk:

Yes very lucky. Capacitors help to an extent, but your stock electrical system may just be incapable of running a large amp. Boss audio will not do rated specs, but they will still put out power. They are very inefficient so they suck a ton of amps and put out little watts, that causes voltage drop. A cheap cap I have had good luck with(don't use anymore gave it to my cousin and it still works great)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000E...200_QL40&qid=1404239727&sr=8-2#ref=mp_s_a_1_2

Yes very lucky. Capacitors help to an extent, but your stock electrical system may just be incapable of running a large amp. Boss audio will not do rated specs, but they will still put out power. They are very inefficient so they suck a ton of amps and put out little watts, that causes voltage drop. A cheap cap I have had good luck with(don't use anymore gave it to my cousin and it still works great)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000E...200_QL40&qid=1404239727&sr=8-2#ref=mp_s_a_1_2

Yeah I've been wanting to do upgrade my alternator to the 130 somethin Grand Cherokee alt in replace of my 90 amp alt. Cool I'll definitely look into that one.

My alt is only 95, my voltage only drops on extreme bass from 14 to 12 volts. Obviously a lot more on idle, but your alternator doesn't really do much at idle anyway. I'm soon to upgrade to a 130 from the limited explorer too. One more thing on the cap, tighten the nuts only until the lock washers collapse. I've read reviews saying people break off the studs. It's probably some idiots using a breaker bar for a 5/16 stud though lol