should i sell my 85 for $800?

Id say that's a good price for you, considering all its issues. I certainly wouldn't pay $800 for it.

I sold my yz85(02) last year for $875, ready to run, no issues(tires were old is all).....

its a 2004 RM85 ha a wiseco top end in it with under 10hrs, tusk clutch plates with under 10hrs, and the water pump stuff with under 10hrs (recipts to prove those) then its got boyesen reeds, fmf silencer, almost new rear tire and the front is about 75%, then its got a few more misc. things. problems are: needs fork seals, oil drain plug is jb welded in (dont ask), needs new chain, and the clutch cover gasket is leaking.

book is 1140

no yamadogyz but i figure i could find something before crow, if worst comes to worst ill still have my crf80 to plat around on

its a 2004 RM85 ha a wiseco top end in it with under 10hrs, tusk clutch plates with under 10hrs, and the water pump stuff with under 10hrs (recipts to prove those) then its got boyesen reeds, fmf silencer, almost new rear tire and the front is about 75%, then its got a few more misc. things. problems are: needs fork seals, oil drain plug is jb welded in (dont ask), needs new chain, and the clutch cover gasket is leaking.

book is 1140

no yamadogyz but i figure i could find something before crow, if worst comes to worst ill still have my crf80 to plat around on

kbb is not accurate with dirtbikes anyways... Id get 800 if you can... or just ride it!

kbb is not accurate with dirtbikes anyways... Id get 800 if you can... or just ride it!
It gets around the ball park, most people go by that and plus you can use it against people who don't know much. Just say the blue book is going for tbd much so your getting a deal lol

It gets around the ball park, most people go by that and plus you can use it against people who don't know much. Just say the blue book is going for tbd much so your getting a deal lol

SuDu...
Gonna need more info on the biike... whats it come with, tires? pics? whats broken? etc etc... Kelly Blue Book gives you a good idea what its worth.....

I would say in the 800 range is decent.

Other things to consider... what are you going to do with the cash? do you have another bike lined up? will you be upgrading? How much more $$$ will you need to get into a 125???
Deals are out there if you know the right people or in the right place at the right time... My buddy just bought an 05 CR125 with a Supermoto kit for 1K... but he fell into that deal. right place, right time.

I've never checked however IF the section of kbb is in fact for dirtbikes then that is what the market is...those aren't numbers drempt (dreamed?) up by someone in a back room. :prof: When it comes to cars (buying a trade in).....kbb "wholesale" (this is where JOE Public doesn't get it) is used for the base price. There are choices that can be made if the tires, audio, motor size, mileage, and a couple other options to choose from apply then the price is adjusted. IF a guy comes in with a $5000 system in his vehicle, 24" rims and a chromed out motor... we suggest he take it out/off cuz he aint getting what he thinks it's worth. :cry:

SO...ya start with kbb, if they allow for mods, add on,s include it then take off what you think repairs will cost and there you have it. :blah: :blah: :blah: :shocked: I know, you're thinking this guy is the shizzle...naw...:smirk:

The main thing is...it's whatever the buyer is willing to spend on it! That is all!

SuDu...
Gonna need more info on the biike... whats it come with, tires? pics? whats broken? etc etc... Kelly Blue Book gives you a good idea what its worth.....

I would say in the 800 range is decent.

Other things to consider... what are you going to do with the cash? do you have another bike lined up? will you be upgrading? How much more $$$ will you need to get into a 125???
Deals are out there if you know the right people or in the right place at the right time... My buddy just bought an 05 CR125 with a Supermoto kit for 1K... but he fell into that deal. right place, right time.

what im gonna do with the cash is, buy a 125, no bikes lined up, and for a bike i really want i would need 1400 range. my dad told me he would sell 2 of our guns, 1 of our guitars, and i will sell my xbox to the local pawn shop (i should get close to another 800) then i would have the money for a badass 125 or a 2005-2007 250f