250F Scrathing my head!!!!!

Ok guys new to this forum... bought an 06 yz250f changed air filter and oil before takimg it up north to ride. So i took it up to ride rode awesome for a couple hours rode pretty hard. Put it up went out on the boat ca e back rode again get 100 yards down the street seizes up walk it back to the house and kick start is un stuck and it kicked over... got it back down to my place oil filter had metal shavings nothing extreme very fine shavings took the carb off tore it down ckeaned it all out. Started it up idled decent messed with fuel screw idled fine took it down the street again shifted into second and pulled in the clutch at the stop sighn bogged then stalled kicked it nothing kicmed it again seized it up took it back to the house took side cover off to get a socket on the crank spins fine!!!!! Wtf!!! Btw top end was just replaced 5 hours ago rings cylinder looked fine i could use some help let me know what you guys think thanks!!

how do you know and what do you mean rings and cyl looked fine? Do you mean you have now taken the top end off to look at it?? It is not uncommon for a bike to seize and then break loose to turn over, but there is damage somewhere and it only makes it worse if you restart it...hope you didn't ruin more parts by restarting.

how do you know and what do you mean rings and cyl looked fine? Do you mean you have now taken the top end off to look at it?? It is not uncommon for a bike to seize and then break loose to turn over, but there is damage somewhere and it only makes it worse if you restart it...hope you didn't ruin more parts by restarting.

Yes took top end apart no scratches on cylinder wall and every bike ive had that has seized was seized for good never had one that i could get to turn over again

Check your crank shaft. Sounds like bad crank or rod bearings. If so, this is normally caused by poor oil circulation. A bad oil pump or plugged filter screen. Most folks change the oil filter but never clean the filter screen.

Paw Paw

how about the cams seizing in the bridge area? KTM 250 have this issue sometimes.

I had the whole top end apart yesterday looked fine i guess i could double check like i said man im stumped ive never had a bike that would unseize so easily thats why i dont think its the crank at all im going to check the main shaft bearing another forum had similar issues turns out it was that apparently it sits high in the case and it doesnt get enough lubrication.

metal in the oil.....look closely for any signs of where this is coming from, if I saw ANY metal in the oil I would not discount it as not being a minor problem. you need to find the source of this first.

metal in the oil.....look closely for any signs of where this is coming from, if I saw ANY metal in the oil I would not discount it as not being a minor problem. you need to find the source of this first.

Ya im pretty sure just got off the phone with a pro circuit tech told me it sounds like maim shaft bearing so im going to tear her down now like i said just sucks i want to ride!!!!:banghead: