Scoping out new riding areas

Wondering what everyone uses to find new riding areas, other than word of mouth (good), or blindly going somewhere (hit or miss).
I am a bit of a mapgeek, can spend hours looking at a DeLorme atlas or Google earth, which are the top two items I use. Google street view is neat, but obviously doesn't go off road (the road out of North Edwards going into the south side of Cal City is the most "desert" I have found). I have a tracking program at work called Trimview that is great, occasionally surprises me with dirt roads, but is on the work computer only. The F.O.J. map is good, but covers a limited area.
Anything else?

I will just stick with you my friend as you seem to have all the scoping technology available. :prof: I generally go where I have been going for many years and keep eliminating the spots that get closed down. I luckily had some of you fine fellows allow me to explore "The Spot" recently and I am hooked. :thumb:

Wondering what everyone uses to find new riding areas, other than word of mouth (good), or blindly going somewhere (hit or miss).
I am a bit of a mapgeek, can spend hours looking at a DeLorme atlas or Google earth, which are the top two items I use. Google street view is neat, but obviously doesn't go off road (the road out of North Edwards going into the south side of Cal City is the most "desert" I have found). I have a tracking program at work called Trimview that is great, occasionally surprises me with dirt roads, but is on the work computer only. The F.O.J. map is good, but covers a limited area.
Anything else?
Funny coming from you as you are the desert master.:prof::hail::cheers:

Know a general direction you want to go and head that way is what we usually do BUT THEN AGAIN I ride with OLD LADY's that tend to NOT get off the beaten path very often! :smirk:

Because we're familiar with a lot of JV not all or even most of it we point in a direction and say, let's go THERE today! :prof:...:thumb:

It must suck to have to look for areas to ride. I don't think there is enough gas, time, or Nobbies around to ride everything here.