Sandbagging

fileb.jpg

Serious post time

I'm currently sitting in third in points for the 250 novice class in the series I race, I've gone 5-5 both of the races we've already run, just so happened that the guys in 4th and 5th did better than me one race than rather poorly the other. The guys in first and second, have both finished first and second both races, both are running loop times on par with your average 250 amateur rider.
Maybe if I was younger and this was all about trophies to me I'd be aggravated, but I'm not. To me its "just" the C Class, which means that even though I want to become one of the fast guys, I'm not going to stress about 2 guys (which for the record I don't know their racing history) who could be sand bagging, if they truly belong in B and are just doing this for trophies, I'll use them as my target speed since I do want to improve and move up through the ranks, I really don't care that to them a plastoid trophy is more important than improving as a rider, actually they're doing me a service, they're giving me something to work for, I'll bust ass all year long to run with them, and I'll move up to B next year and probably get owned pretty bad, but a C class championship isn't what I want to be the highlight of my time spent racing. Actually I won't, because for me personally I've never finished outside the top 10, this is just how I ride period, I want something that I can say I worked hard for.

Serious post time

I'm currently sitting in third in points for the 250 novice class in the series I race, I've gone 5-5 both of the races we've already run, just so happened that the guys in 4th and 5th did better than me one race than rather poorly the other. The guys in first and second, have both finished first and second both races, both are running loop times on par with your average 250 amateur rider.
Maybe if I was younger and this was all about trophies to me I'd be aggravated, but I'm not. To me its "just" the C Class, which means that even though I want to become one of the fast guys, I'm going to stress about 2 guys (which for the record I don't know their racing history) who could be sand bagging, if they truly belong in B and are just doing this for trophies, I'll use them as my target speed since I do want to improve and move up through the ranks, I really don't care that to them a plastoid trophy is more important than improving as a rider, actually they're doing me a service, they're giving me something to work for, I'll bust ass all year long to run with them, and I'll move up to B next year and probably get owned pretty bad, but a C class championship isn't what I want to be the highlight of my time spent racing. Actually I won't, because for me personally I've never finished outside the top 10, this is just how I ride period, I want something that I can say I worked hard for.
Man, you like to through out that whole "top ten" alot. :rolleyes: :smirk:

ive never raced but ive been into quite a few action sports in my lifetime. i was at a pro level of skateboarding but it was a fun thing for me and back then the money wasnt in it like today so i dudnt persue that route. BMX i was on my way as i was invited to go do shop shows in the parking lot with a few pro's. So even tho i have never raced i have an idea and for me personally i strived to meet and ride with people who are better then me. it really pushes me and i learn a lot as well..... So if i was in your situation i would look at these sandbaggers and cheaters as a god send. actually use them to gain some race experience and one day soon you will be better then them or if not at their level... then you can rub it in thier face that you are younger and can beat them..... then step up leaving those fools in teh dust and start over with the next class :thumb:

Try not to look at it as aww man there is fast guys in my class and more like sweet my class just got fast so i will have to step it up.

I don't ride moto, but it sounds like your organization is doing a poor job of filtering who should be in what class. It is one thing to hide your talent or not know how you stack up against the class until you get out there, but if the club is not validating one's age by birth certificate or something, than shame on the club for letting it happen. Plus I would think that if you are under 18, the parent needs to sign the waiver, so the parents are in on allowing there kids to be under achievers.