San Diegan

My name is Roger, I'm 36, and I'm a big fan of the dual-sport community. I've been riding for about 30 year but only in the dual-sport scene for about the last 4 years now. In the last 4 years I've met and ridden with some amazing people, and have seen some utterly amazing things. 2010 was a big year, with almost 1 long riding trip a month in the CA/NV/AZ/UT areas. In the last 2 years have looped the Grand Canyon 2 times on my KTM 640 Enduro (Now sold) and my new to me KTM 620 Adventure.

A little about me:
I'm a Network Engineer, hack website developer, I ride bikes, and I play/coach lacrosse. I work to play. I'm looking forward to checking out the site, seeing what it has to offer.

Currently I'm a member of:
Dual Sport Moto - President / Site Admin
Crawdad Off-Road Events - V.P. / Site Admin
San Diego Adventure Riders - Rider Rep
Big Bear Trail Riders - Member
Orange County Dualies - Member
Ventura County Motorcycle Club - Member

Personal Site:
Stregalicious

...and now, DBA :)

Kudos to those who put the site together, I know how much hard work it is. *After spending the last 4 months putting together a dual-sport site, I feel your pain *:)

If you're interested in GPS tracks, come check us out.

Pics from the most recent Grand Canyon Circumnavigation trip:

Sublime Point
3167.jpg

KTM 620 Adv, South Rim, Navajo Land
3229.jpg

South Rim, a 'horse shoe' type bend
3250.jpg

Full ride report is HERE

James

Staff member
:cheers: Welcome Roger

:shocked: Look like you ride some epic stuff, be sure to post a ride report (or 2 :P) in our RR section. :thumb:

Welcome :thumb:Glad to see you on the site. Nice shots of the GC, I am going to see it one of these days but I doubt very seriously it will to the same extent you have. I envy you my friend :ride:

Welcome to DBA Roger. This is a fun place to visit along with some good RR and knowledge to be gained. :thinking: Those are great pictures of the Grand Canyon and that must have been a blast to make that ride. I have a friend who wants one of those KTM's. He wants to do the big dual sport runs. :ride:

Depends what range you have with your stock tank. Typically 100 mile range is what you'd need. A rider can easily carry 2 33oz MSR Fuel bottles for an extra half gallon. And if I'm riding the Exxon Valdez (KTM 620 Adv), I have a 7.4 gallon tank you could drink from if needed.

i haven't gone all the way empty but i think i can get like 85 miles on my tank. Sucks that my 05 clark tank doesnt match up on the 11 or i could just slap that bad boy on.

My name is Roger, I'm 36, and I'm a big fan of the dual-sport community. I've been riding for about 30 year but only in the dual-sport scene for about the last 4 years now. In the last 4 years I've met and ridden with some amazing people, and have seen some utterly amazing things. 2010 was a big year, with almost 1 long riding trip a month in the CA/NV/AZ/UT areas. In the last 2 years have looped the Grand Canyon 2 times on my KTM 640 Enduro (Now sold) and my new to me KTM 620 Adventure.

A little about me:
I'm a Network Engineer, hack website developer, I ride bikes, and I play/coach lacrosse. I work to play. I'm looking forward to checking out the site, seeing what it has to offer.

Currently I'm a member of:
Dual Sport Moto - President / Site Admin
Crawdad Off-Road Events - V.P. / Site Admin
San Diego Adventure Riders - Rider Rep
Big Bear Trail Riders - Member
Orange County Dualies - Member
Ventura County Motorcycle Club - Member

Personal Site:
Stregalicious

...and now, DBA :)

Kudos to those who put the site together, I know how much hard work it is. *After spending the last 4 months putting together a dual-sport site, I feel your pain *:)

If you're interested in GPS tracks, come check us out.

Pics from the most recent Grand Canyon Circumnavigation trip:

Sublime Point
3167.jpg

KTM 620 Adv, South Rim, Navajo Land
3229.jpg

South Rim, a 'horse shoe' type bend
3250.jpg

Full ride report is HERE

REF: last picture...Wouldn't a gust of wind just suck.........:shocked:......Awesome scenary, looked like you had to have had a good time. Great bike too. :thumb:

SRAD97750

Staff member
Welcome Roger!!! Roost!!!

With 2 fuel bottles, you're looking at 100+ off road miles trav. Put that on the street and run another 20. My DR650 got like half mileage offroad or over 70mph. -BIG DAN:thumb: