RUTS North DS Ride

It is not easy to always stop and take pictures. Is there a camera that can mount to your helmet and snap a picture with the push of a button on the hand grip? That would be great, just look and shoot.

It is not easy to always stop and take pictures. Is there a camera that can mount to your helmet and snap a picture with the push of a button on the hand grip? That would be great, just look and shoot.
Yeah that is where the GoPro comes in play. You can grab stills from that as you record the whole ride. I was going to mount my Helmet cam up but ran out of time.

what was entry fee? Buy your own gas it looks like. Pay for your own room too or is that included?
I believe $85 entry (I inherited my entry as it was a swap from a previous DS ride), plus hotel, gas and food. Still not a bad price. Split the rooms, gas and food and it all works out pretty cheap. The ride itself though was worth the trip.

Yeah that is where the GoPro comes in play. You can grab stills from that as you record the whole ride. I was going to mount my Helmet cam up but ran out of time.
But if you are on the road for hours how long will the go pro work? And then you have to edit all of the footage. I want something that I can just look at and click a button. I guess that is why I have my wife on the back holding the camera on the road trips. :thumb:

But if you are on the road for hours how long will the go pro work? And then you have to edit all of the footage. I want something that I can just look at and click a button. I guess that is why I have my wife on the back holding the camera on the road trips. :thumb:
That would be cool. Not sure of a setup like that. It would have to be wireless so if you dismount from said scooter, you are not connected by a wire from bars to camera.
Go pro blows :stirthepot:
You got that right.....:smirk:

beautifull terrain for sure....Ive done the Sierra safari 3 times, about $600 for 3 days including most meals, gas on the trail and rooms. 335mi in 3 days. This is about the same value it seems.