Pro Roger Decoster to manage KTM in 2011

KTM, the market leader in offroad motorcycles has signed Roger DeCoster, one of the true icons of the sport of motocross to take over the management of the company’s new factory team in the USA. Work now immediately begins to prepare the team for the 2011 racing season in all of the major US competitions.

The signing of DeCoster represents a major step forward in vaulting the Austrian company into the global arena. KTM has already reached the top level of the sport in Europe and the World Championship GP series and will now also be a dominant force in US competition.

KTM CEO Stefan Pierer said the signing represented a new and exciting era for the Austrian-based company: “The acquisition of Roger DeCoster to take over our factory team in the USA heralds a new era for KTM. We now enjoy a worldwide network and we are a real global player. Roger DeCoster is one of the great figures in the sport of motocross and we are delighted that he has agreed to manage our new team. KTM is now “Ready to Race” in the biggest and most competitive motocross competitions in the world.”

Pit Beirer, who heads KTM Offroad Sports Department, said the signing of such a personality as Roger DeCoster completes the circle whereby KTM has great riders, has been enjoying unprecedented success with its latest motorcycles and now has team leaders in place that will make it a dominant force on both sides of the Atlantic.

Pit Beirer: “We are honored that we can welcome a man of Roger DeCoster’s credentials and stature into the KTM family. With him as the head of our new KTM USA factory team we will be a major force in the USA and Europe and we want to attract the very best American riders into our team. Roger has had a superb racing career and a distinguished and successful career in team management.”

The real question is will Roger be able to attract top level talent to KTM. For example if Dungey follows him over we could have a KTM at the top of the podium.

No matter what it should be interesting.

To me I think the riders do the work not the managers, I mean the managers get the riders to the team, but that's not too hard. Decoster is an icon, but he didn't "make" Suzuki. I say RC for Suzuki Manager :smirk:

James

Staff member
To me I think the riders do the work not the managers, I mean the managers get the riders to the team, but that's not too hard. Decoster is an icon, but he didn't "make" Suzuki. I say RC for Suzuki Manager :smirk:
Yes on the track, but if it wasn't for the team manager they wouldn't even be there. Think of all the stuff that goes on behind the scenes to get a team/race/series together. Think of a team manager as the CEO of a company. :noidea:

Heck yeah that'd be awesome if RC would step in, but what's his contract with the NASCAR Trucks?

Hey if they hire RC at least we will not have to hear him commentary at the races anymore...I can't stand that short dude...Now if we can just toss Shitheen out as well...:smirk:

James

Staff member
Hey if they hire RC at least we will not have to hear him commentary at the races anymore...I can't stand that short dude...Now if we can just toss Shitheen out as well...:smirk:
Heck I'd take RC any day over Ralph and Erin (If it wasn't for the looks she probably wouldn't even be there), Jeff is bearable.

Heck I'd take RC any day over Ralph and Erin (If it wasn't for the looks she probably wouldn't even be there), Jeff is bearable.

:foul: What get rid of Erin BB Bates??? Have you bumped your head and lost your mind James? Her trackside reports are the best. Always full of insight and spot on. Her knowledge of the sport is far beyond any of her peers. Addtionally, she has assests only others can dream of. :lol::lol::lol: Okay, enough BS.

Dungey may end up at KTM... However, I think the missing link or piece if you will... Will Goose follow? :thinking: The man is one hell of a mechanic. He makes that yellow bike handle week in and week out.

I thought JS did a pretty good job at calling the SX race in the booth...

James

Staff member
:foul: What get rid of Erin BB Bates??? Have you bumped your head and lost your mind James? Her trackside reports are the best. Always full of insight and spot on. Her knowledge of the sport is far beyond any of her peers. Addtionally, she has assests only others can dream of. :lol::lol::lol: Okay, enough BS.

Dungey may end up at KTM... However, I think the missing link or piece if you will... Will Goose follow? :thinking: The man is one hell of a mechanic. He makes that yellow bike handle week in and week out.

I thought JS did a pretty good job at calling the SX race in the booth...
:lol: See you must have been watching the BBies and not listening to watch she says.

:noidea: I'm sure we'll find out before to long.