RM-Z250 Rmz stalling

Hi peoples ! Have a strange kwerk on my bike. So here i am, on my 08 rmz 250, having some real fun flying around a field... When i go to stop, no throttle, pull the clutch in all the way, but it still pulls slightly and unless i keep reving it, it stalls. Any words of advice or help ?

Hi peoples ! Have a strange kwerk on my bike. So here i am, on my 08 rmz 250, having some real fun flying around a field... When i go to stop, no throttle, pull the clutch in all the way, but it still pulls slightly and unless i keep reving it, it stalls. Any words of advice or help ?

you need to adjust the clutch. there should be a dimes worth of free play at the lever/perch

if your clutch lever is fully pulled in, and the bike still tries to creep forward, your clutch us "lurching" or still grabbing slightly instead of fully disengaging, when you wiggle your clutch lever is should have only a little free play, about 1-2mm of front to back movement before it starts putting tension on the cable (like was snowflake said). If it's adjusted correctly and still lurches you either have warped clutch plates, or your clutch basket is notched.

if your clutch lever is fully pulled in, and the bike still tries to creep forward, your clutch us "lurching" or still grabbing slightly instead of fully disengaging, when you wiggle your clutch lever is should have only a little free play, about 1-2mm of front to back movement before it starts putting tension on the cable (like was snowflake said). If it's adjusted correctly and still lurches you either have warped clutch plates, or your clutch basket is notched.

Ok im not at home now, but i will be in a day or two so il check as soon as i can and let you know.. Thanks :thumb:
While im here, i know top speed is not important on a MX bike but just out of interest does anyone know the top speed of the 08 rmz 250 ? And in comparison with other bikes ? Cheers !

Ok im not at home now, but i will be in a day or two so il check as soon as i can and let you know.. Thanks :thumb:
While im here, i know top speed is not important on a MX bike but just out of interest does anyone know the top speed of the 08 rmz 250 ? And in comparison with other bikes ? Cheers !

most of the 250 4stroke mx bikes are geared to do 65mph +/- a few mph or 105kph +/- a few

most of the 250 4stroke mx bikes are geared to do 65mph +/- a few mph or 105kph +/- a few

Thanks :thumb:. Also is it possible to, if you turn the idle speed switch, set the idle to low or to high ? How can i know if its idling at the right rpm ? Or is there no right or wrong rpm?

James

Staff member
Thanks :thumb:. Also is it possible to, if you turn the idle speed switch, set the idle to low or to high ? How can i know if its idling at the right rpm ? Or is there no right or wrong rpm?
My manual says 2,000 RPMs (for an 05 kx250f).

If you have a problem with the bike stalling in corners, set it to a higher RPM. Also having it set to low can make the bike harder to start.

My manual says 2,000 RPMs (for an 05 kx250f).

If you have a problem with the bike stalling in corners, set it to a higher RPM. Also having it set to low can make the bike harder to start.

Ok well it doesn't stall in corners, and it starts really well when cold using the choke. Little difficult to start when hot though, i know that's normal but would it help if i set it a little higher as it's pretty much as low as i can put it withought stalling when idling.

James

Staff member
Ok well it doesn't stall in corners, and it starts really well when cold using the choke. Little difficult to start when hot though, i know that's normal but would it help if i set it a little higher as it's pretty much as low as i can put it withought stalling when idling.
On average most people have it way to low, it's not a car but a high performance machine, crank it up. :P

It's kind of hard to judge your RPM without a tach though. If you have a car with a tach in it have somebody rev it up to 2000 RPM's while you listen to it. :lol: It's far from perfect however it'll give you something to go off of. :thumb: