RMZ-450 S-HAC

I've been searching online far and wide, and can't find an ounce of info on the Suzuki S-HAC system.
I just bought a 2017 RMZ-450 and it didn't have the owner's manual, so I'm left with not really knowing how to use the S-HAC. I know what the modes are, but not how to actually now to select them / use the button on the handlebar.

Can anyone out there simply explain how to select between the modes?

Thanks in advance.

"In case you aren’t familiar with the SHAC, here’s a refresher: The system gives the rider a choice of two modes that alter the ignition timing when engaged before the RM-Z leaves the starting line. A Mode retards the ignition timing to minimize wheel slip in hard-packed or slippery conditions, while B Mode advances the timing for high-traction conditions. After the start, the SHAC returns the ignition timing to the stock mapping in 1.2 seconds or once the rider engages third gear. The system is easily activated by a button on the left-side handlebar, and it can be completely disengaged as well. It’s a nice option to have, and we’d venture to guess that it is an advantage for a good 90 percent of RM-Z450 owners."

Hope this helps :wave:

"In case you aren’t familiar with the SHAC, here’s a refresher: The system gives the rider a choice of two modes that alter the ignition timing when engaged before the RM-Z leaves the starting line. A Mode retards the ignition timing to minimize wheel slip in hard-packed or slippery conditions, while B Mode advances the timing for high-traction conditions. After the start, the SHAC returns the ignition timing to the stock mapping in 1.2 seconds or once the rider engages third gear. The system is easily activated by a button on the left-side handlebar, and it can be completely disengaged as well. It’s a nice option to have, and we’d venture to guess that it is an advantage for a good 90 percent of RM-Z450 owners."

Hope this helps :wave:
Thanks!!! That all makes sense and not something I really understood up until this point. But still wondering how to actually select the modes. All the button has is a flashing light - no indication of the mode it's actually in.

SRAD97750

Staff member
I've looked everywhere and havent found a description of its actual practical operation.
Might need to spend the cash and get a service manual from the manufacturer. There is a ton of insight in them manuals.
-BIG DAN:thumb:

I've looked everywhere and havent found a description of its actual practical operation.
Might need to spend the cash and get a service manual from the manufacturer. There is a ton of insight in them manuals.
-BIG DAN:thumb:
I actually have one! They're available quite easily online in PDF form, and nowhere does it mention that component :D

A mode - Hold button for more than .7 seconds or slow flashing light.
B mode - Hold button for more than 1.8 seconds of fast flashing light.