2 Stroke RMX 250s 1999

Hi Guys,

Just looking for some info on the RMX 250s 1999 ADR approved,
need to get replacement cylinder or need to resleeve really depending on the price. now my question is,
is the 1998 RMX 250 engine the same as the 1999 and also where can i get a manual for an RMX 250s 1999 or is there another manual that will cover it? have read that the rm250 engine was the same engine in some models.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Cheers

Welcome!
What an awesome bike the rmx is and probably one of the greatest woods bikes ever!

The cylinder can be welded, resleeved, replated, or all of the above. There's somebody in your country that will do it best, just google.
The rm250 is a similar machine but different porting and engine components are needed to keep the RMX a master trail bike. I do believe the 98 and 99 are the same bike.

Welcome!
What an awesome bike the rmx is and probably one of the greatest woods bikes ever!

The cylinder can be welded, resleeved, replated, or all of the above. There's somebody in your country that will do it best, just google.
The rm250 is a similar machine but different porting and engine components are needed to keep the RMX a master trail bike. I do believe the 98 and 99 are the same bike.

Thanks mate oh that's a shame that the engine is different from the Rm250. Have only found bits for a 1998 so hoping the engine hasn't changed

Thanks mate oh that's a shame that the engine is different from the Rm250. Have only found bits for a 1998 so hoping the engine hasn't changed

Powervalves are the same. Water pump piston, primary drives, radiators..... You'll have to do a parts fiche comparison to confirm.

A lot of it was interchangeable, but not "the same". the gear sets were different, and as was pointed out the cylinders. If you have an RM cyinder and head, with the same basegasket pattern you can use it. The pipe and carburetor won't be quite so happy if you don't switch etc though. All workable.

A lot of it was interchangeable, but not "the same". the gear sets were different, and as was pointed out the cylinders. If you have an RM cyinder and head, with the same basegasket pattern you can use it. The pipe and carburetor won't be quite so happy if you don't switch etc though. All workable.

OK I get ya
Yeh OK I understand what u mean thanks for the help