RM250 Rm 250

Ok so...I finally got my bike back, started it once then put it in the shed, didn't take it out till last night because I've had no time, I brought it inside in my workshop area, the next morning I found oil on the ground, had a look, turns out the sprocket seal is gone :/ I would really like to do up this bike, but it is absolutely draining me of money just to fix it! Spent over a grand now just to get it up to standard. Anyways I'm Finally going riding yay, been 5 weeks, but the weather is good and I'm going this Sunday! With the oil leak well, I'll top it up when I go riding, I've ordered in a new seal and won't come to next week unfortunately. As of pictures I am unsure of how to put them up :( any help?

dang, thats a nice lookin bike, but a grand into it is quite a bit. were all of the internals trashed when you got the bike or something?

Very nice! What year is it?
And clutch basket, fork seals, back discs and pads, carby cleaned ect. Oh well once only,live and learn :)

nice bike but that is not an 04 that is an 01 to 03, the front brake cable is routed down the whole length and under the fork only done on those three years, from the looks of it, the swing arm is solid square straight box and not tappered down and only found on the 01 and the number plate also looks like and 01 like mine although hard to tell in that pic. Get me a side shot of the bike. I can tell you what year it is for sure. Also look at the 10th digit of the SN# on the head stem of the bike it will tell you the year 1 is 01, 2 is 02 ect.

d87806b3.jpg

mine
magshot.jpg

Thanks guys for the replies,yeah, I wish I picked up on it, ohwell it's a great bike still, I'm going to contact the seller tho to see if I can get some money back coz I payed over a grand to much for it.

Thanks guys for the replies,yeah, I wish I picked up on it, ohwell it's a great bike still, I'm going to contact the seller tho to see if I can get some money back coz I payed over a grand to much for it.

good luck on that, he will most likely say it was sold to him as an 04 and he got screwed to :noidea: unless you can prove he knowingly sold it under false pretense then I would say you are waisting your time but it never hurts to try.:thumb: