RM250 Rm 250

Got my 2004 rm 250 2 weeks ago, went riding, the things great, so much power. I'm use to a Chinese 250 cc haha was good to learn on. I just recently put the bike in for a service, the clutch basket was gone and same deal with fork seals, I also had the carby retuned and new back discs and pads. Didn't know how much it was gonna cost, I had no clue how to do any of that, and don't really have a father or many family members to help me, so I did not want to screw up the bike, anyways, I got a call from the mechanics and apparently it's gonna cost me $1000...., I think next time I will go on here, any of you guys experienced with working with them?cause I'm sure I'll need guidance :) in total the bike was 3.1 k and now add another 1k onto it for mechanics.

Welcome to DBA!
wow thats alot of beans!
I paid 2100 for my 06 rm250 in 2008 and that bike was in good shape..theres alot of deals to be had if you look for them.a thousand bucks is about what a dealer would charge and if you can read, you can do the work yourself. geat a service manual asap :thumb:
Good luick

James

Staff member
I haven't been back to the stealership since getting raped for a valve adjustment. :foul::thumb:

Spend the money on a service manual and do everything yourself, we're here if you have any questions.

Make sure to get yourself a decent set of metric tools and spend more than $30-40 on a torque wrench. Craftsman and Kobalt have decent torque wrenchs that won't break the bank.

You are on Victoria BC? Victoria australia?

Bikes and sevice cost allot more in other countries, and even between states in the USA....

That's guys for your help, I downloaded a service manual :D it's really helpful!
And I'm in Victoria Australia.
I'll put up some pick asap :D

Ok so...I finally got my bike back, started it once then put it in the shed, didn't take it out till last night because I've had no time, I brought it inside in my workshop area, the next morning I found oil on the ground, had a look, turns out the sprocket seal is gone :/ I would really like to do up this bike, but it is absolutely draining me of money just to fix it! Spent over a grand now just to get it up to standard. Anyways I'm Finally going riding yay, been 5 weeks, but the weather is good and I'm going this Sunday! With the oil leak well, I'll top it up when I go riding, I've ordered in a new seal and won't come to next week unfortunately. As of pictures I am unsure of how to put them up :( any help?

The way i upload pics... Is straight off my phone... I use photobucket.. And i just send the picture to my photobucket account like a picture message.. (they will give you a address to send it) ... And then once there on Photobucket it.. Just copy the img code and paste it here...

Have you take the sproket off... To make sure the seal hasnt popped out...

Went riding today! Was absolutely great, took it easy first few laps but then I just went nuts, the bike gets massive air! So much lighter then my 4choke, bike ran well, hopping to go out again next weekend...if it's not raining :/ haha.