River Wash riding and the waterproof DRZ!

Alright so the weather finally broke up here in NorCal and I got to go for a little ride in a river wash. It was a blast crossing the river about 50 or so times in the day. Got soaked from head to toe and took a dump in the river on the DRZ and lost my cell phone in the rapids for few minutes. Found the phone and it is screwed. Great day of riding overall. Got some cool video and pics to post for ya!

DSCN0206.jpgDSCN0208.jpgDSCN0225.jpgDSCN0220.jpgDSCN0210.jpgDSCN0233.jpgDSCN0232.jpgDSCN0216.jpgDSCN0211.jpgDSCN0234.jpgDSCN0230.jpgDSCN0217.jpgDSCN0213.jpgDSCN0215.jpgDSCN0219.jpgDSCN0207.jpgDSCN0214.jpgDSCN0209.jpg

The videos are loading as we speak but you know how long those take on Photobucket. Hehehehe

Attachments

• DSCN0226.jpg
    DSCN0226.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 81
  • DSCN0229.jpg
    DSCN0229.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 82
  • DSCN0218.jpg
    DSCN0218.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 79
No bike swims well, but the DRZ does wade well if you hang on right. LOL, My phone is screwed and my oil looked like mayonaise when I got back. I'll run 4 qts of cheapo through it and then put in some good stuff again. Great to get out on the bike though.

Damn, I'll be there this weekend but could come back that weekend for a day ride! Last time I was there I rode down that one hill that we all struggle on when it was soaked to the bone. I think it was 40 or some trail around there. I came down it with no back brake and almost died a few times. Crazy shit man!

The hills there can be pretty gnar under certain conditions. :shocked:
Sweet! We'll have to figure which day etc as it gets closer..:ride:
I'm going to take off work Friday and head up Thursday night. Yes!!!!

When my ride involves non trivial water crossings or if rain is in teh forecast my electronics go in a ziploc baggie. They are not just for safety meetings and they have saved my cell phone on more than one occasion.

I don't like riding in rocks but I am sure I would not enjoy this type of riding either. :thinking: I like to stay dry and keep my wheel bearings, chains, electronics and oil free from the water. :ride: I am glad you at least got to get and ride though. :thumb:

I don't like riding in rocks but I am sure I would not enjoy this type of riding either. :thinking: I like to stay dry and keep my wheel bearings, chains, electronics and oil free from the water. :ride: I am glad you at least got to get and ride though. :thumb:

You must not have any fun when you ride then! :shocked::smirk:

I saw Mike chimed in....surprized not to see Rack anywhere on here yet......:smirk:...wasn't that a Katoom in one of the pcitures "above water"? :lol:...:P