Fallen RIP Desert Rat 450

seriously... this summer has been an incredibly bad one for riders everywhere! can we Please stop time for a while.. I'm kind of tired of buying "In memory" shirts and going to ride days... after dperks died, I don't know if I have any tears left in me... anyway RIP Dave.. Prayers and thoughts... have fun rippin' it up in the heaven deserts with all of our other rider angels up there.

I assume he had a family and kids? Any extenuating circumstances, like it ran in his family or he had a history of heart trouble? The whole thing just hits way to close to home for me.

heres what happened copied from TTT, Dano's email adress is also his paypal account for donations to the family
Dano 9/18/11:
I spoke a bit to his brother yesterday again. Apparently Dave went over to his parent's house yesterday. Their neighbor had a pipe burst, so he went over there to help out. While he was there, he was helping dig up a hole and he started having back problems. He went and laid down on his parent's couch and that is when he had the heart attack. His dad worked on him until paramedics got there. The medics worked on him another 40 or so minutes before they called it.
Dave has been complaining about his back for the past few months. Apparently the doctor said the back pain was his heart the entire time.
Dave has been out of work for the past couple of years and his family doesn't have much money, so they mentioned they were going to have a hard time affording the funeral expenses. I told them I would chip in and donate and I would ask if anyone else can help out.
If any of you can help out, let me know. I'm also looking for pictures and videos anyone has of Dave. We are going to put together a memorial video and collage for the family, so all the photos you have would be great.
You can all contact me at my email address ( dano9207@aol.com ) or you can call/text me on my cell 760-578-3179. Thanks everyone and as soon as I have details, I will let you all know.

I assume he had a family and kids? Any extenuating circumstances, like it ran in his family or he had a history of heart trouble? The whole thing just hits way to close to home for me.

i think he just had 2 sons, they're planning on a memorial ride in Feb so his oldest is old enough to go down and ride

James

Staff member
Email I got from Dano:

Okay, first off, we gave Dave's dad $600 today. It was a look of relief for his dad. They were extremely grateful and wanted me to tell you all thank you.

Okay, the coroner's office will be releasing Dave's remains tomorrow. It should have been today, but Dave has an adult son (Justin) and they did not have his signature on the paperwork. They had Dave's dad's signature, but Justin trumps him on the next of kin, so they wouldn't release (f*cking red tape bullshit).

Anyways, so the ceremony will be scheduled for Sunday. There will be a viewing period from 2:00 PM to 6:00 PM and then the ceremony will be6:00 PM to 7:00 PM. Everyone is invited, so if you can make, it would be awesome.

The funeral home is called Halley-Olsen and here is their website: http://www.halleyolsenmurphychapels.com/

When we were there, I did not realize they had two facilities so close together (Landcaster & Palmdale). I'm guessing it will be Landcaster, but I'll make sure tomorrow and post the info. I also asked Dave's mom if I could post her name and address so could people could send cards. She agreed, so those of you who would like to send a letter or card, they would welcome it.

David and Darlene Francis 44833 Redwood Avenue Landcaster, CA 93534

Thank you again to everyone who was able give a donation. Dave's parents are both retired and are on limited incomes, so it was definitelya blessing to them...Dano

James,

I confirmed today the location is the Lancaster facility. If anyone would like to make a donation to the family, i can deliver it to them directly. Guys have been sending the donations to my Paypal account (Dano9207@aol.com) When you send money on Paypal, it gives you the option of sending as a gift under the "personal" that away the transaction fees are not attached.

Tell everyone over there thank you. This has been a hard one to accept. Dave and I were really close, so it was tough.

Thanks again James