Ride Report Lite

I called it ride report lite due to the fact I was basically riding the flatlands, so no awesome singletrack on the sides of mountains, and no run ins with the law :devil:.
I know Carl was planning on riding Spangler, but this was my first real ride since my crash, so figured I would just take it easy and not have riders waiting for me to catch up.
Forecast called for winds, the morning was nice, but it did get breezy in the afternoon.
Quite a few mines in the area, they both fascinate and scare me. I was trying to capture the fact that most aren't fenced, and it would be real easy to be barreling up a hill only to fall in one :shocked:
The rains cut some good gouges in areas, this pole line road is good for 5th gear-
DC-20.jpg

You don't see this washout until you are right on top of it. Perfect size to mess you up.
The flowers were awesome, the one hillside with the yellow and purple really was nice, the camera didn't capture the effect. Plus the desert smelled like perfume, sweet.
I saw lots of snakes, including three rattlers, not sure if that's due to it being the time of year they come out, or if this is going to be a busy year for snakes.
It was good, can't wait to get out again.

Up around Randsburg a couple of years ago a kid rode up a small hill and dropped down a 700 foot vertical shaft. His bike is still down there as it was too hard to get it out. He did not live to tell about it either.

Up around Randsburg a couple of years ago a kid rode up a small hill and dropped down a 700 foot vertical shaft. His bike is still down there as it was too hard to get it out. He did not live to tell about it either.
:( heard about that one. So Sad...Bike Extraction:thinking:

Just drop that thought. Old mines are dangerous places. Call me wimpy, but I pretty much only look in from the outside. Going down 700 feet? No f-ing way. Besides I don't even have that much rope.

Friends of mine went on a riding trip to Calico..they found an old shaft, walked up to it, looked over the side it was too dark to see anything, knowing they may run into this one of them brought his HUGEMOUNGOUS Mag-Lite (12 cell AKA: Night Stick...:devil:) As he pointed it into the shaft the lens came off, the batteries began sliding out into the shaft (as they described "in slow motion")...he didn't bother to raise it back up until all the batteries were gone. My other buddy looked at him and asked why...he said, F**k dude I don't know, after the first one fell out and I didn't hear it hit...I froze :smirk: TRUE STORY...:prof: