Ride Report 10/9-10/10 - LPNF and Hungry Valley

Saturday 10/9 in the LPNF with Ed, Steve, Jill, John, Michael, Joe, Cliff, Ron

Here is Sunday 10/10 in the Park with the three 'R's... Rick, Randy, Ron.

It was a fun two days. There was eight of us on Saturday. We ran through the LPNF. Jill broke her customary clutch lever less than half way into the ride. She rode the rest of the day without a clutch without a complaint. Michael had a headon on Tejon as we were headin back to the stagin area. lucky the speeds at that point were slow. No real injuries other than a cut up arm. We saw lots of hunters and bikes up in the forest. Guess red sticker and hunting season crowds. A hunter was carrying a bear strapped to the back of his bike. just legal size too. the rangers confirmed. We also saw a dear strapped to the back of a hunters atv. Beautiful weather and conditions both days. On Sunday Met up with Randy and rick and did a loop in the park. took them both on the Buttcrack ad unmarked cottonwood trail. Their first time on those. Rick's first time up the Gorman trail as well. We left around noon as it was getting crazy crowded. Was gonna make it a third day of riding, however, stupid me tweaked my knee gettin off of a ladder and slipping on spilled liquid in the garage.

wo0t! wo0t! looks like some fun :thumb:!! Doesn't look like there are any real whoops to speek of witch is kinda cool cuz my legs are killin me from riding them this weekend :cry:

wo0t! wo0t! looks like some fun :thumb:!! Doesn't look like there are any real whoops to speek of witch is kinda cool cuz my legs are killin me from riding them this weekend :cry:
No real whoops, makes it nice. cause there is nothing like a trail riddled with whoops to tire you out. but of course, you gotta have some whoops.

No real whoops, makes it nice. cause there is nothing like a trail riddled with whoops to tire you out. but of course, you gotta have some whoops.

whoops are a blast, i love them, just wish i wasn't so damm sore right now is all :lol:

Did almost 40 miles up in the forest myself with a couple friends on Sunday. Never seen so many people, both bikes and hunters, ever. Nothing better than passing someone on a trail that is less than 2 feet wide with switchbacks and hidden turns with trees coming out of the side hill.:foul: Did that about 10 times too.:devil: Ugggh, but it was great none the less. Hopefully next time Ron in a few weeks I can join you again.:thumb:

Did almost 40 miles up in the forest myself with a couple friends on Sunday. Never seen so many people, both bikes and hunters, ever. Nothing better than passing someone on a trail that is less than 2 feet wide with switchbacks and hidden turns with trees coming out of the side hill.:foul: Did that about 10 times too.:devil: Ugggh, but it was great none the less. Hopefully next time Ron in a few weeks I can join you again.:thumb:
Yes it was crowded. the red stickers and hunters were overflowing. Next week we are doing Rowher flats, then the following week LPNF.

Great pis and vids. Thanks for sharing.

Hey Sarge you best be carfull in those garage accidents you don't heal a quick as ya used too. Lol

Great pis and vids. Thanks for sharing.

Hey Sarge you best be carfull in those garage accidents you don't heal a quick as ya used too. Lol
tell me about it. It sucks getting older. LOLOL.. Well, I will be ready to hit it again by the weekend. I'm able to fully move my knee with minimal pain. woo hoo.