Ride Pics Match Game

Hey, this is a good thread, what, did everyone get bored and leave?
Since no one was even close to guessing the location I posted, I will give you a hint - the staging area, but I will still be surprised if anyone knows where this legal riding area is.
IMAG0011-3.jpg

Not N. JV
Not Fremont/Cuddeback
Not Rosamond
Good guesses, but nope, it's not a well known area, especially to anyone under the age of 40. Back in the 60's and early 70's it was popular. Still used by the "Old Geezer" crowd who live in the area. Great place to spend a day.
Shadow Mts?

Very close bajataxi, you almost get the win, but care to be a little more specific?

No can do....I haven't rode out there since I was on a Hodaka, the Shadows were a legal area, there wasn't a fence at El Mirage and you could ride into the town:cry:

So what will it take to get it out of you old geezer?:P

Hey, if I wasen't an old geezer, I would take offense to that remark.

Bajataxi is very close but I am still not telling, yet.
And yes, I also remember El Mirage (which is not the answer) before the fences. We used to camp in the hills on the west side by County line. Used to ride into Lake Los Angeles for breakfast at Tres Hermanos for awesome avacado omlettes, then in the afternoon to the bar at El Mirage for happy hour. Back then I didn't even know what a ranger was.

Hey, if I wasen't an old geezer, I would take offense to that remark.

Bajataxi is very close but I am still not telling, yet.
And yes, I also remember El Mirage (which is not the answer) before the fences. We used to camp in the hills on the west side by County line. Used to ride into Lake Los Angeles for breakfast at Tres Hermanos for awesome avacado omlettes, then in the afternoon to the bar at El Mirage for happy hour. Back then I didn't even know what a ranger was.

There you go dating yourself again.:smirk::ride:

Going through the topic and it looks like we still need;
#52 by Timoyz (is that Fremont Peak?)
#99 by me (I know the answer)
#102 by Agent2 (somewhere near Shadow Mts)
#109 by Breakthrough (too far North for us so cal people)
#124 by Palmer (gave it away w/ those pics, BCS-Bay de LA y Catavina)
#125 by KTMRack (out by Last Chance Cyn?)

As for #52 by Timoyz - I am disqualified from that one, but once again, bajataxi :thumb: is in the general area. And kind of an interesting story behind that photo.

Going through the topic and it looks like we still need;
#52 by Timoyz (is that Fremont Peak?)
#99 by me (I know the answer)
#102 by Agent2 (somewhere near Shadow Mts)
#109 by Breakthrough (too far North for us so cal people)
#124 by Palmer (gave it away w/ those pics, BCS-Bay de LA y Catavina)
#125 by KTMRack (out by Last Chance Cyn?)

#125 looks alot like Morman Gulch (aka Goler Gulch).
I'm also disqualified from #52, but I can give a hint. This mountain was used as a landmark by test pilots in the early days of the space race.

Ding ding, we have a winner with Bajataxi. I kind of figured if you know Baja, you would know that little pic. Let me see if I can find something else. :thinking:

#125 looks alot like Morman Gulch (aka Goler Gulch).
I'm also disqualified from #52, but I can give a hint. This mountain was used as a landmark by test pilots in the early days of the space race.

And we have a winner :banana:

Rolls do you remember this spot?

DSCN2211.jpg

You are pointed the wrong way :prof:

DSCN2210.jpg

There you go that's better :P

DSCN2212.jpg

:smirk: