Ride Coldly, Ride

I havent been to that cross or cabin. Someday I'll have to get out that way.

Cleonard...that pic right before they hit, wow interesting.

Thanks for another great report that makes me want to ride timoy:thumb:

Minus the Bud, that's just headache beer:P
Bud yes on the headache, Bud Light is like sex in a canoe. :devil:
Great report Tim. This was my off week as I had two week ends in a row just before, and one pavement grind to the beach and back. This Cold thing sucks. I think this is my second or third this season. :foul:

I think the first step to not being sick, is kick the kids out of the house. :thumb:

Nice Report Timo:thumb: Roost for you when I have time to roost some others. Now that the stand has been removed, can I give you a $1 to follow you guys around sometime?

Nice Report Timo:thumb: Roost for you when I have time to roost some others. Now that the stand has been removed, can I give you a $1 to follow you guys around sometime?

me too, me too, me too....I pay fi dolla...I say ....FI DOLLA :ride:

Great RR......looked like fun no matter how chilly it might have been! I need to get with some serious campers/riders.

Tim,

Those aren't wells, they are holes that were used to haul material up out of underground mines. The ones at the cabin just down the way from there (Donald D. Kenney) are all covered up with bars now. Basically, they would use a winch to pull up a 55 gallon drum filled with dirt from way down deep. They were drywashing the material once they got it up to the surface. The way it works out there at Coolgardie is that there are multiple layers of Caliche as you dig down from the surface. The concentrations of gold are just above each layer of Caliche.

The main winch hole at the Kenney site is actually at about a 45 degree angle, which probably made it a lot easier to drag the 55 gallon drum up out of the ground.

Funny thing is that I have been by that cabin a hundred times, but never even thought to see if the door would open......

Lots of snow this weekend. Interesting thing out there is that patches of snow will stay on the ground for a long time in the shaded north facing slopes. We were hitting snow patches out there two years ago up until May.

Mike

James

Staff member
:ride: Awesome report Tim, us snowed in guys need something to take the edge off. :bonk:

Have to say, that red groundhog is kind of scary looking. :lol:

BTW what's the meaning behind this? :noidea:
Last edited by timoyz; 02-28-2011 at 11:28 PM. Reason: Because James screwed up the Photobucket system, where it's impossible to use.

Thanks for the clarification Mike (desert rat), you guys have some interesting stuff out there. :thumb:

No quad for me thanks.:blah:

I bet I could get you on a quad after a couple of shots of tequila. :cheers:
Nice report, gotta get out to that area. Except for them giant groundhogs, scary.

I've been hearing that for a while.:P

What, a dollar? That will get you a nice jeep road tour. :smirk:
me too, me too, me too....I pay fi dolla...I say ....FI DOLLA :ride:

Great RR......looked like fun no matter how chilly it might have been! I need to get with some serious campers/riders.

Now five dollars will cover the All You Can Eat Buffet. You available Sunday? :ride:
Tim,

Those aren't wells, they are holes that were used to haul material up out of underground mines. The ones at the cabin just down the way from there (Donald D. Kenney) are all covered up with bars now. Basically, they would use a winch to pull up a 55 gallon drum filled with dirt from way down deep. They were drywashing the material once they got it up to the surface. The way it works out there at Coolgardie is that there are multiple layers of Caliche as you dig down from the surface. The concentrations of gold are just above each layer of Caliche.

The main winch hole at the Kenney site is actually at about a 45 degree angle, which probably made it a lot easier to drag the 55 gallon drum up out of the ground.

Funny thing is that I have been by that cabin a hundred times, but never even thought to see if the door would open......

Lots of snow this weekend. Interesting thing out there is that patches of snow will stay on the ground for a long time in the shaded north facing slopes. We were hitting snow patches out there two years ago up until May.

Mike

My hat's off to any miner out there. That would be some hot, hard work. Let alone going deep underground. That part kind of freaks me out. :eek:
Great report Timo - as always, thanks for sharing. :thumb:

Thanks Nedge. I expect some Maple Leaf reports come Summer time. :thinking:
:ride: Awesome report Tim, us snowed in guys need something to take the edge off. :bonk:

Have to say, that red groundhog is kind of scary looking. :lol:

BTW what's the meaning behind this? :noidea:

Thanks for the clarification Mike (desert rat), you guys have some interesting stuff out there. :thumb:

I used to load from photobucket when I'd do reports. But as of late, when I try to load anything now, it comes up as "file too large." :noidea:

I read "available Sunday" :ride: Please expand on that as it is only Wednesday night and I can probably swing it. I am sure my boys would love to get the YZ's dirty.

The XB-70 has fascinated me for years, if you're bored, I'd research it a little bit, too bad it never entered production.

Great pics and report! :)
I'll have to put one up someday :smirk: