Restrepo (War Documentary)

Timer set, looks pretty good :thumb:

It's weird that NatGeo has better military documentaries than the "Military" Channel :lol:. I swear they are biased about airplanes :foul: Who seriously wants to watch that :lol:

James

Staff member
It's weird that NatGeo has better military documentaries than the "Military" Channel :lol:. I swear they are biased about airplanes :foul: Who seriously wants to watch that :lol:
:lol: So true, every time I check out the Military channel there's always some show about WWII planes. :bonk:
That is the soldier who received the Medal of Honor recently right?
Yup he's (Staff Sergeant Sal Giunta) in there, more about his story here.

http://vimeo.com/16662374

James

Staff member
So is this a documentary of his actions that earned him the Medal of Honor or just before it?
Restrepo isn't really about Giunta, but a platoon of U.S. Soldiers. :thumb:

From the website:
RESTREPO is a feature-length documentary that chronicles the deployment of a platoon of U.S. soldiers in Afghanistan's Korengal Valley. The movie focuses on a remote 15-man outpost, "Restrepo," named after a platoon medic who was killed in action. It was considered one of the most dangerous postings in the U.S. military. This is an entirely experiential film: the cameras never leave the valley; there are no interviews with generals or diplomats. The only goal is to make viewers feel as if they have just been through a 90-minute deployment. This is war, full stop. The conclusions are up to you.

Also, for everyone else, not sure if you want to watch this with young children. There's cussing and some very intense situations (which is to be expected as this IS war), however no blood or gore is shown as THIS IS REAL LIFE. :(

Restrepo isn't really about Giunta, but a platoon of U.S. Soldiers. :thumb:

From the website:

Also, for everyone else, not sure if you want to watch this with young children. There's cussing and some very intense situations (which is to be expected as this IS war), however no blood or gore is shown as THIS IS REAL LIFE. :(

Wasn't anything about him. Man that was great, everyone should watch it :prof:.

These are the real heroes and it was really cool to see what they went through.

That was :lol: at the end when they were cutting up the cow, notice how they didn't give the afgans the money because they would just go buy more weapons and ammo.

Great doc thanks for posting that up James :thumb:

James

Staff member
That was :lol: at the end when they were cutting up the cow, notice how they didn't give the afgans the money because they would just go buy more weapons and ammo.
And here I thought they were just trying to save our money. :P
I missed it! I wonder if they will rerun it sometime.
Maybe. :noidea:

If not you can buy it here. http://shop.nationalgeographic.com/ngs/browse/productDetail.jsp?productId=2000175&code=TV50001

Or rent/stream it on Netflix http://movies.netflix.com/WiMovie/Restrepo/70129360?trkid=2429429#height1634

i just atched this movie last weekend and i loved it it was very touching and i thought it was amazing how they think we purposly kill their civilians when we dont mean to. and the fact that we show them our tactics to protect themselves and they use it against us BS! i remember i got in an argument with my ex and he asked me if i wanted to join the army i said no the marines but yes and he said u guys kill innocent people for no reason 9/11 doesnt exist it never did and i was blown away that he said that and he said he hated this country (he is egyptian) and i said "if you hate this country then get your f***ing ass back to your own country then.i sure as hell don't want you here"
anyway oorah semper fi .. and thanks to all our troops who haved and still are serving our country

James

Staff member
i just atched this movie last weekend and i loved it it was very touching and i thought it was amazing how they think we purposly kill their civilians when we dont mean to. and the fact that we show them our tactics to protect themselves and they use it against us BS! i remember i got in an argument with my ex and he asked me if i wanted to join the army i said no the marines but yes and he said u guys kill innocent people for no reason 9/11 doesnt exist it never did and i was blown away that he said that and he said he hated this country (he is egyptian) and i said "if you hate this country then get your f***ing ass back to your own country then.i sure as hell don't want you here"
anyway oorah semper fi .. and thanks to all our troops who haved and still are serving our country
:noidea: I'm willing to bet he didn't hate this country so much after all?