250F Removing The Float Bowl From A 2005 kx250f & rmz250

James

Staff member
Removing The Float Bowl From A 2005 kx250f & rmz250

First make sure that the fuel shut-off is in the off position and all the gas is drained from the carburetor. Next loosen the 2 pipe clamps that are on either side of the carburetor. (See Image)

Carb_1.jpg

After the clamps are loose, pull all the slack in the throttle and hot-start cables to the carburetor. If you do it right you won't have to take them off, which saves a LOT of time. Then slowly rotate the carburetor assembly, if you're sitting on the bike it would be clockwise. (See Image)

Carb_2.jpg

Now you have it rotated and you can see the bowl, right? Now you just have to take off 4 screws, one in every corner. So what are you waiting for, get to it.

P.S. I generally place a towel underneath before I open it as there's always some fuel left in there.

Carb_3.jpg

Well, got my fuel screw swapped out. The needle fell right out after I took off the bowl. Not sure why it wouldn't come out when the bowl was on. But, hey it is done. New needle came with a spring and all. Although my carb didn't quite rotate as well as yours (must be because of the color) I managed.... Thanks... Oh, and the bike even starts which has my wife equally impressed. :smirk:

James

Staff member
Well, got my fuel screw swapped out. The needle fell right out after I took off the bowl. Not sure why it wouldn't come out when the bowl was on. But, hey it is done. New needle came with a spring and all. Although my carb didn't quite rotate as well as yours (must be because of the color) I managed.... Thanks... Oh, and the bike even starts which has my wife equally impressed. :smirk:
:lol: See you should have gone with green.

:thumb: Glad to hear everything worked out.