Pro Reed vs. Go Pro

Should riders be allowed to run whatever brand they want even if it conflicts with a series sponsor?

• Yes

Votes: 10 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
FUCK GO-PRO! just another capitalistic moronic company. FUCK the MX-sports rules that say it has to be approved, especially if GO-PRO is the only approved onboard camera device approved by MX Sports and the AMA...
As far as I am concerned "GO REED" !!! :rocker::rocker::rocker:

James

Staff member
Depends on if it's an exclusive contract or not. You can't hold anything against GoPro as MX Sports signed an exclusivity contract with them. People seem to forget that it's a privilege, not a right, to race an AMA event that's run by MX Sports.

so lets say bell becomes the primary helmet sponsor of the nationals, does every rider have to wear a bell helmet?
Every rider is required to run a [Shock Doctor] Eject system. I don't believe there's any specific bike part or gear brand that is exclusive in what a rider can run. There are heavy restrictions on what Redbull, Rockstar, etc can do in terms of advertising/signage (can't even give out free cans). Michelin and GoldenTyre run into the same thing with Dunlop. GoldenTyre has run into some serious issues at SX events.

That all said, doesn't mean I agree with having exclusive contracts that prevent a rider from wearing a certain accessory item.

Depends on if it's an exclusive contract or not. You can't hold anything against GoPro as MX Sports signed an exclusivity contract with them. People seem to forget that it's a privilege, not a right, to race an AMA event that's run by MX Sports.

Every rider is required to run a [Shock Doctor] Eject system. I don't believe there's any specific bike part or gear brand that is exclusive in what a rider can run. There are heavy restrictions on what Redbull, Rockstar, etc can do in terms of advertising/signage (can't even give out free cans). Michelin and GoldenTyre run into the same thing with Dunlop. GoldenTyre has run into some serious issues at SX events.

That all said, doesn't mean I agree with having exclusive contracts that prevent a rider from wearing a certain accessory item.
I figured you'd chime in, and I appreciate it because I'd imagine you'd understand the in's and outs better than most of us.

Reed signed a deal for half a mil with 360fly, and perhaps he should have read the fine print of Go pro and MX Sports, but to me ti seems like this is simply aimed at keeping money with Go Pro and out of the hands of the racers.

A sponsor is a sponsor. The series promoter should have no control over what each individual can and can not use unless it's a safety issue and proof is provided.

Daytona 200.
Dunlop is the official tire for the Daytona 200. They bought/leases the exclusive rights to be the only tire company to do track testing and to be the only certified Daytona tire. However, racers are allowed to race whatever tire they choose.

James

Staff member
A sponsor is a sponsor. The series promoter should have no control over what each individual can and can not use unless it's a safety issue and proof is provided.

Daytona 200.
Dunlop is the official tire for the Daytona 200. They bought/leases the exclusive rights to be the only tire company to do track testing and to be the only certified Daytona tire. However, racers are allowed to race whatever tire they choose.
What about NASCAR?

yea that is really fucking lame... if thats the route they want to take this sport they will loose a lot of fans. i like gopro but this is some bullshit. i like competition in everything... even the products i buy... it keeps the companys honest and makes the products better for us.