Pro Reed and Factory Yamaha sign.

Maybe he can squeeze out one more good season now that he will not have the distraction of running a team.

I bet he tries to hit 40 before quitting. I think Larocco was 37. Carsten was 35. McGrath was 35..... Buddy Antunaz raced arenacross until 40 but back when they rode 125's and 250's back to back. Iron man style.

I think if he has a so so year, he will call it. He does have the ability to run until 40, but I don't think competitively up front. I could be wrong though. More young, hungry and fast kids coming into the big class...Musquin and Bogle are a couple. Baracia is fit again and fast. Tomac is super fast, just needs to stay on his bike. The field is deep and it will be a battle to get into the main now if everybody stays healthy.

He will quit when he no longer feels competitive. He always answers retirement questions that way. Yamaha might be looking to have him manage this team when it happens

He likes that camera. He will run until he gets another record or title. Even then I doubt he will continue to compete. I think Mcgrath would have gone to 40 if RC didn't come in and just start hammering these races. RC was really the 1st one to change the sport to whT it is now and that's why the talent pool is so deep. Train train train. Imagine if Jlaw trained???

He likes that camera. He will run until he gets another record or title. Even then I doubt he will continue to compete. I think Mcgrath would have gone to 40 if RC didn't come in and just start hammering these races. RC was really the 1st one to change the sport to whT it is now and that's why the talent pool is so deep. Train train train. Imagine if Jlaw trained???

Did he ever have to get a real job?

McGrath tried to put KTM in the supercross light when it was unmanageable for the the tracks. I think he would have given RC a run for awhile, but yes it would have not lasted long (youngsters). I believe McGrath set the stage for RC in supercorss, he brought a lot of recognition to the sport with his title domination and 1-800-collect commercials he was in.

For CR #22 - I am glad to see him back at it and yes he could take over the Yamaha managing duties when he retires or he will go back to Australia and prompt supercross over this more or get into car racing that he has said he wants to do. Maybe take a back seat like RC on the Suzuki team.

I will be buying tickets for phoenix, possibly vegas.

as cool as I think it is to see Reed racing blue again, its also really cool to see yamaha step up with a factory team again. which btw, the last man to win a sx title for factory yamaha, was the #22.

I can definitely see Yamaha keeping reed around as a mentor/manager after he hangs up his helmet.