Red or Green?

Guys you talk about red and green stickers alot on here and in Idaho we don't have anything like that so what are you talking about?

What bikes are red stickered and what are green?

Fill me in on what you people are talkin about.

Red and Green Stickers

California Air Resources Board (ARB) established regulations to limit the use of Off-Highway Vehicles (OHVs) that do not meet emission standards applicable for California OHV riding areas. After the regulations were established, ARB and DMV worked together to develop criteria for identifying non-complying OHVs. OHVs are registered by the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV). A red or green sticker is issued depending upon certain criteria.

Green stickers are issued for all California OHVs year model 2002 and older, including those that were previously issued a red sticker, and to 2003 and newer complying vehicles. Green stickers are issued to OHVs for year round use at all California OHV riding areas.

Red stickers are issued to 2003 year model and newer OHVs that are not certified to California OHV emission standards. If your OHV has a "3" or "C" in the eighth position of the vehicle identification number (VIN) then your vehicle will be issued a red sticker. Red stickers are issued to OHVs that can use California OHV riding areas for seasonal use only.

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/vr/ohvredgreen.htm

basically CARB is some bat shit crazy organization here in California.

Guys you talk about red and green stickers alot on here and in Idaho we don't have anything like that so what are you talking about?

What bikes are red stickered and what are green?

Fill me in on what you people are talkin about.

There is no such thing as a red sticker in Utah.
Green Sticker is just an OHV registration. Must be a Cali thing with the RED!

Blah

Red sticker = you get one slapped on your dirt bike if its an 03 and above. ( which makes no sense to me ). And the fact that you cant ride during the months of may ish, june, july, aug, september.

Green Sticker = on all bikes 2002 and below and do whatever the fuck you want when ever you want :thumb:

Blah

Red sticker = you get one slapped on your dirt bike if its an 03 and above. ( which makes no sense to me ). And the fact that you cant ride during the months of may ish, june, july, aug, september.

Green Sticker = on all bikes 2002 and below and do whatever the fuck you want when ever you want :thumb:

not all bikes 2003 and newer are auto red sticker. look at my post it explains it.

Right when we got to gorman, and unloaded the bikes... The ranger came over to us immediately and started checking vin numbers and all that shit asking all these questions ( what is he gunna think when he sees a shit load of cr250s??). In the end, even he was like " i dont understand the emissions shit either, yo uwould think the newer bikes would be more emissions friendly..."

Such a dumb law.:moon:

Guys it's not CARB, it's the feds.

Let me explain. If you are in California you know if your bike is federally emissions compliant or not. That is why there are red and green tickers. Right now only California does anything about this. However, by how I read federal regulations only compliant bikes are technically legal to ride on federal public land. What does that mean? Don't be surprised if some day soon all non compliant bikes are banned from federal land. We are not talking just California here, this would be nationwide. It's already the law, it's just not enforced.