Recipe and Food Pics thread.

Th
ok here is one thats been blowing up on the internet lately that i just had to try.

its called Beer Can Burgers.

make about a 1/4lb meatball. seasoned however you like your meat seasoned and smash the bottom of a beer can into it.. cold meat and a cold can works better. Then you form the meat up around the bottom of the can. about a inch and half or so high. Next you wrap your bacon around the hamburger and remove the can.

next is up to you. you fill that hole with whatever good stuff you enjoy. on our first this is what I did.

i took just about a lb of bacon and cooked it in the oven at 325 for about 30 min flipping it half way.
Once the bacon is fully cooked emulsify that shit till a sticky bacon powder almost.

then i took about a 1/4(.290 lb to be exact according to my empty package ) of crumbled blue cheese and i mixed 4 cloves of garlic and all of the bacon puree together. then i added a bit of cilantro(i like the taste but its going in everything right now cause im getting lots of it from the garden) and mix it all together till its one.

next i took some sauteed onions and slapped those babys on top of the blue cheese bacon mixture.

Now i cook on medium to low heat with a lid on the cast iron pan. The meat will cook fairly fast compared to the bacon and it was really so for us last night so we had to throw them in the oven at 350 for 10 mins or so just to get the bacon cooked a bit more. You never flip this burger. One thing i will do next time is instead of using a fully raw bacon to start with i will cook that bacon for maybe 15 mins or till tis about half way cooked before wrapping... this will give you a more cooked piece in the end.

and the cooking it pic...
11230040_10153316501392480_1838220612027346296_n.jpg

and the eating it pic...
11377081_10153316558652480_4059259087544943524_n.jpg

The best way i can explain to you how fucking good this is will be with a quote from my son after we ate...
"dad this burger is Hodad's worthy"
fuck yea if you dont know hodad's its constantly on lists and tv shows for being one of the top hamburger places in the USA... by far the best in San Diego/California for that as well. Guy voted it the best burger in the country on Tripple D's... yea that comment made me proud :)
That's inspiration right there trav. Why did we not eat a hodads in march. Darnit.
Hopefully in nov you can show me some of your bbq techniques

taht pig spit setup is awesome. my uncle use to be president of the san onofre surf club and every year they did a luao and we did the pig in the pit. wrap it in wet cloth and bury it with coals and rocks and banna leaves. so good.

taht pig spit setup is awesome. my uncle use to be president of the san onofre surf club and every year they did a luao and we did the pig in the pit. wrap it in wet cloth and bury it with coals and rocks and banna leaves. so good.
Wow, bet you could pull the meat off by hand

I am saying that I dont consider wrapping meat up in tin foil and putting it over coals bbq'ing. clearer now?:prof:
Lol I think my buddy was supposed to take the meat out of the foil. It was a part oven part bbq type, but he just left it in the foil still. Tasted amazing still luckily lol