250 Rebuilding KX250

I guess I don't see your point. Mine is I never took the picture for any kind of advertisement. But I can assure you all 3 tow trucks are busy day and night.

image.jpeg
Got my new throttle cable clip and a spacer ( more of a washer to me) for my linkage installed. Got my subframe and exhaust put on, went to fill my rads and coolant started leaking out of the motor . :banghead: Turns out there is a good sized slice in my left side radiator hose. Went to my local dealer and none in stock :banghead::banghead: so I ordered them and pulled some parts back off. One step forward two steps back..... Maybe next season I can ride her at this rate, can't catch a break

do the first few tanks with a bit extra oil mix. we always run in slowly for at least 1 whole tank. some people recommend just getting into it but i have had many kx's with my boys we have rebuilt and this has worked for us. cool bike mate!

I see you broke it in the way I would:-) something about that kx that keeps drawing you back in!!

My nephew is telling me that the boot was different on the 125's from the 250's. Basing this on his own 125's and working at a Kawasaki shop (at least he was during the years you mention), but you are trusting a 28 year old that doesn't have to work tomorrow and his memory on this one.

Last edited: