125 rebound clicker?

can the adjusting screw be taken out... i don't seem to be getting enough clicks out of one of the screws.. maby the tread is damaged or dirt is in there..anyhow can the screw be taken out or what to do??

SRAD97750

Staff member
It is a captive screw. I think you must fully disassemble the rebound valve to change the needle screw. The ones I have seen have been held captive by small circlips inside the valve body.

It is a captive screw. I think you must fully disassemble the rebound valve to change the needle screw. The ones I have seen have been held captive by small circlips inside the valve body.

have u ever disacimbeled your rebound value? is it difficult?

SRAD97750

Staff member
Depends on the model. On my GSXR it was two bolts off the front of the fork. Done and done.
But, on my WR500 they are internal to the lower tube and I haven't tried to mess with them. There isn't any external access as far as I can tell.
Post a good photo of the clicker and maybe, just maybe, I can see how it comes apart.-BIG DAN:thumb:

be very careful with your clickers. I over turned one on the bottom of my rear shock and stripped it. I had to have the whole bottom clavicle replaced. Luckily a guy on TT sent me an old used RM shock he had and I just had the whole shock rebuilt and he used the used part.