Rear Racks for Bikes

Due to the mounting points (hard mount to the frame) it has to be wider but I agree...this one can be made thinner by continuing the mounting bar (along the side panel) straight back to the rather than coming out making it real wide. Use that design for the mounts and design the rest to suit your purpose!

What I'm thinking of making is taking 3/16 aluminum sheeting and run a solid piece under or as tight over the top of my plastic then have a rack like promoto. On the muffler side I may even cover it so nothing can get on it and melt. But these giant loop bags and a promoto rack may be slick too!

If only that black tank bag can be converted to a rear fender bag...the size looks right.......on another note, the product report done by Scotty Breauxman on TT...he does a lot of Baja riding. I wouldn't think he/they'd want to have something like those saddlebags on their bikes......whatever!

Yeah they are using there bikes a little more like we do. (With all the gear and such) Our problem was always having mufflers melt bags or end up in the rear tire.

Well guys I gave up. :cry:I just couldn't find what I wanted exactly so when all else fails make it yourself Right! :smirk: Pulled off my plastics and made some patterns for a rack that will fit between my plastics and frame. It will then come up and run on each side of the rear fender. Should be 8" wide and I think it was 16" or 18" long (Just as long as the fender). Now all I need to do is get some 3/16 aluminum and start cutting. I will show you guys some pictures when I'm done.:banana:

James

Staff member
Well guys I gave up. :cry:I just couldn't find what I wanted exactly so when all else fails make it yourself Right! :smirk: Pulled off my plastics and made some patterns for a rack that will fit between my plastics and frame. It will then come up and run on each side of the rear fender. Should be 8" wide and I think it was 16" or 18" long (Just as long as the fender). Now all I need to do is get some 3/16 aluminum and start cutting. I will show you guys some pictures when I'm done.:banana:
Sounds good. :thumb: