Rear Racks for Bikes

Hey guys if you know of any places that sell rear racks for CRF230's and WR250's please let me know. I want to make sure I have looked over all that I can before I buy one or have one custom made.

Thanks
Me

A little off topic however I've heard of rear racks for slow danicin...2 in the front and 1 in the back to keep your right hand off her ass!.....:devil:.....:smirk:

Thanks guys. All the racks I find still let the stuff hang on the muffler or get in your rear tire. You wanna stop in a hurry let something get sucked in that rear tire.:shocked:

James

Staff member
How come I got the thumbs down on this...I thought it's a good idea...off topic yes but still a good idea!
Bluntly? Because this is the General section and not the Off-Topic. This hijacking/off-topic needs to be cut back in the General & Make/Model Specific sections. Why you ask? Well these 2 sections are the future of this forum, think about it. Somebody is truly looking for "rear racks for bikes" and finds a couple good posts, but then the thread goes to the way of slow dancing. Another example would be the "What Are Some Ways to Strengthen Bones?" thread which started out great as I did get some info from it, but then it turned into a discussion about another type of "bone". Do you seriously think that they'll want to stick around if every thread gets way off-topic from the original question? We're a pretty close nit group of riders, which is awesome, but with all the "hijacking" that's going it creates an environment that isn't very new member friendly. And we need new active members badly. I try to keep this site less about numbers/revenue and more about creating a place that's fun and relaxing, but I can't keep on floating this out of my own pocket. Somebody had recently asked (don't remember who) if I was a loaded mofo. :lol: oh buddy if that were only true. Gotta say it'd be nice if the whole :cripple: thing hadn't happen, that set me/DBA back a chunk. (I thank God everyday that it was only my collarbone and not my neck :thumb:) Basically we need more new active members because I can't keep on supporting this place myself.

I apologize for that long :rant: (been having a bad day)
I also apologize for making that excuse and for hijacking this thread, so I'm a hypocrite, sue me. :P

Rez I did quote you but don't feel like this is directed at you. :hug:

:wave: Good day & I'm late for PT :bonk:

James

Staff member
:sorry: I think that came across a little strong. :bonk: I at least didn't result to foul language like somebody else did somewhere else. :smirk:

:prof: Doesn't it state, somewhere in the terms & conditions, that once a month I have the right to "blow a gasket"? :P

:thumb: Thanks for moderating yourselves and again sorry for hijacking your thread Bryce.

:sorry: I think that came across a little strong. :bonk: I at least didn't result to foul language like somebody else did somewhere else. :smirk:

:prof: Doesn't it state, somewhere in the terms & conditions, that once a month I have the right to "blow a gasket"? :P

:thumb: Thanks for moderating yourselves and again sorry for hijacking your thread Bryce.

Bryce, I should be the one apologizing... I'm the one who hi-jacked it initially. Sometimes my mind tends to wonder and get's me into trouble. :sorry:...

Come on Rez, what the hell is the matter with you?:P

Back on topic, I have a soft pack that is bolted to my back fender. Here is a pic from the other thread that is several posts down on the page:

https://www.dirtbikeaddicts.com/for...riding-pics-not-forgotten-share-yours-20.html

Geek...I'd like one of those for me...I thing Bryce is looking for something not quite "Mongoish" but bigger and ridgid...(metal???)

Hey Bryce, Have you looked into some thin, hard sided saddle bags? Or would they be in the way on the sides?

These are the closest I can find but they still stick out a little farther then I want. I want this idea but more slim and sleek. I don't want a freaken 4 wheeler rack!
http://www.cycleracks.com/images/TTR230RearBright.gif

If I could get a promoto rack with some extra support like these I think we would be close.

Due to the mounting points (hard mount to the frame) it has to be wider but I agree...this one can be made thinner by continuing the mounting bar (along the side panel) straight back to the rather than coming out making it real wide. Use that design for the mounts and design the rest to suit your purpose!