2 Stroke Rate my Spark Plug

Hello guys,

Here are some pics of my CR500 spark plug, I use 4oz of oil per gallon of fuel. Im using Belray and 91 Octane fuel with 10% Ethanol.

What do you think is it too black?? Any help is welcome!

Cheers

photo 2-1.JPG photo 3-1.JPG photo 5.JPG photo 1.JPG

What brand spark plug is that? It looks like a Champion. Double check the heat range on that plug. It looks like it fouled out. It also looks like maybe you are mixxing the wrong oil. Is it a pre-mix oil you are useing? If it is that could be your problem. Try an NGK.

Its this one:

NGK BR9ECMVX - Alternative spark plugs:
Details about NGK BR9ECMVX:
  • Threaddiameter: 14mm
  • Threadreach: 19mm
  • Seattype: flat
  • Hexsize: 21mm
  • Tipconfiguration: non projected
  • Construction: Special design
  • Terminaltype: Solid
My bike was easy to start, but all of a sudden this changed, usually harder after warming up, idle is a little of too, it doesn't turn off by itself, but its not the sound remember.

Im using premix, but I think perhaps 4oz per gallon of fuel is too much? I will buy a new plug and see i going down to 3 oz per gallon is better.

Thanks

Stick with the 32:1 ratio. You should also change the air filter. It is possible you may have not ringed out enough oil when oiling the filter last. I myself have done that. It causes a verry rich fuel delivery.

OK I took out the air filter and it was covered in grease....not the ring, the whole filter....Im guessing this is not good. So Im ordering a new one to be sure.
I took out the plug and it showed excellent spark, cleaned it out with carb cleaner and fired up on the first try. Its still a bit smokey, there might be the possibility I screwed up the fuel oil ratio so Im dumpling all and starting new to be sure.
Thanks!

sounds like a freshly oiled filter to me.... Chankry you don't do your own servicing, do you?
your jetting seems to be a little on the rich side. maybe drop the pilot down one and the same for the main and do a plug chop.... what oil are you using for premix?

Nope, I now pay for that :)

What I was trying to explain is that the whole filter element was full of grease, not just the ring.

Inside, after removing the filter there was grease as well, some of it got sucked into the other side.

My guess is that its getting burned? Maybe screwed the reeds?

Im using Motul or Belray

Cheers

Nope, I now pay for that :)

What I was trying to explain is that the whole filter element was full of grease, not just the ring.

Inside, after removing the filter there was grease as well, some of it got sucked into the other side.

My guess is that its getting burned? Maybe screwed the reeds?

Im using Motul or Belray

Cheers

That's filter oil. It gets real tacky and often feels like grease.... They spray the inside of filters as well just in case.
http://youtu.be/sFxN16UjcW0

If your filter is extremely dirty then that will cause a rich condition as well.