Random Videos

Ok, so if this IS real, unhooking the payload might be from the chopper, but hooking up the payload??? Having seen them struggle, waiting for the cable/hook to stop swinging taking forever, this process has done both faster than just that alone... :thinking:.... but it's on the internet so it MUST be real! :thumb:...:thumb:....:rolleyes:
FUN SUCKER!
I think that if he is bringing the bird in low and laying the cable on the ground, and ground crew has no regard for safety, it could be staged and hooked up pretty fast, maybe not as fast as the video depicts but pretty fast. You going to sell that fanny pack we traded? I might be interested in it back. :thinking:

FUN SUCKER!
I think that if he is bringing the bird in low and laying the cable on the ground, and ground crew has no regard for safety, it could be staged and hooked up pretty fast, maybe not as fast as the video depicts but pretty fast. You going to sell that fanny pack we traded? I might be interested in it back. :thinking:

Maybe... what ya gonna give me for it? I also have a Moose rear fender bag used once... if you recall last year, it came off so I zip tied it to my protector.
As for the chopper thingy, you could be right... especially total disregard for safety! :bonk:

Ok, so if this IS real, unhooking the payload might be from the chopper, but hooking up the payload??? Having seen them struggle, waiting for the cable/hook to stop swinging taking forever, this process has done both faster than just that alone... :thinking:.... but it's on the internet so it MUST be real! :thumb:...:thumb:....:rolleyes:
There is something hard to believe about this for sure. The safety factor is the biggest problem I see if this is even possible. If the pilot somehow hooked that cable on something after dropping his load he is going to have some serious problems. I would like to see how they hook the load when he goes over to pick them up. :noidea:

There is something hard to believe about this for sure. The safety factor is the biggest problem I see if this is even possible. If the pilot somehow hooked that cable on something after dropping his load he is going to have some serious problems. I would like to see how they hook the load when he goes over to pick them up. :noidea:

Exactly, that's what Palmer was saying maybe they laid it out for him to swing around, drag the hook and snatch it... but I don't see it being flawless as they made this look... especially the unloading part... if he isn't able to disengage the weight of that load swing back will cause a few complications.

I know................"BUZZ KILL" :wave:

Picked up our tree last night. The guys have been selling trees out of the same farm in Eugene Oregon for three generations. He is now in his 60's, showed him the video and he said that IS how the do it. Nobody on the ground is hooking it to the bundle, it's all done by a grappler/claw with an operator in the bird. Pilots are very skilled and clear communication is needed.

Nice find Rack, that just makes it way bitchen. :thumb:

image.jpg

Maybe... what ya gonna give me for it? I also have a Moose rear fender bag used once... if you recall last year, it came off so I zip tied it to my protector.
As for the chopper thingy, you could be right... especially total disregard for safety! :bonk:

We can discuss PM or you can let me know here. :wave:

Picked up our tree last night. The guys have been selling trees out of the same farm in Eugene Oregon for three generations. He is now in his 60's, showed him the video and he said that IS how the do it. Nobody on the ground is hooking it to the bundle, it's all done by a grappler/claw with an operator in the bird. Pilots are very skilled and clear communication is needed.

Nice find Rack, that just makes it way bitchen. :thumb:

View attachment 19254

Didn't say it COULDN'T happen, just didn't seem possible... :thumb:

pos·si·ble (p
obreve.gif
s
prime.gif
schwa.gif
-b
schwa.gif
l)
adj.
1. Capable of happening, existing, or being true without contradicting proven facts, laws, or circumstances.
2. Capable of occurring or being done without offense to character, nature, or custom.
3. Capable of favorable development; potential: a possible site for the new capital.
4. Of uncertain likelihood.
so by default if you say it dont seem possible that would insinuate that you are saying its not capable of happening.
:thumb::stirthepot:

so by default if you say it dont seem possible that would insinuate that you are saying its not capable of happening.
:thumb::stirthepot:

From what I read...
1 = possible means "capable of happening"...
2 = possible means "capable of occurring"...
3 = possible means "capable of favorable development... leaning more towards it can happen" (the way I read it)
4 = possible means "uncertain likelihood"... most likely didn't/can't happen but it doesn't say CANNOT happen.
so with that said... keep stirring the pot!

PS.. and what I said was ... "it DIDN'T seem possible..." sorry grammar police just pulled up! here. let me do this for ya!!! :stirthepot: