Random Videos

James

Staff member
What a crock of shat, looks like they fired the cop. :facepalm:
http://www.wsfa.com/story/23946615/...ith-civilian-leaves-force-under-investigation

I really like this quote from the dept. "[Police Chief] Murphy says this one former officer's actions don't reflect the entire organization."
That's a real shame as here's a cop that's actually trying to connect with the community and show them that all cops aren't just out to ruin your day. :(

Being a cop and performing my job (Quality Assurance) are similar... it's either black or white, there are no gray areas, it's either legal or illegal, it's either right or it's wrong... They have to be "black and white" in order to know WHEN the line's been crossed otherwise it is a judgement call and who makes that call, the officer or the public? He screwed up by racing... period. :busted: Coinnecting with the comunity can be performed in many other ways... :prof:

James

Staff member
Being a cop and performing my job (Quality Assurance) are similar... it's either black or white, there are no gray areas, it's either legal or illegal, it's either right or it's wrong... They have to be "black and white" in order to know WHEN the line's been crossed otherwise it is a judgement call and who makes that call, the officer or the public? He screwed up by racing... period. :busted: Coinnecting with the comunity can be performed in many other ways... :prof:
He was racing?

Oh and there's a lot of "grey area" for them, if it was black and white why don't people get tickets every time they get pulled over? You committed a crime or traffic violation did you not? I've been pulled over a couple times for doing 15 over, waved at while doing 15 over a few times as well (he had his radar gun pointed at me), pulled over for having expired plates and no registration....nary a ticket or warning for any of those.

He was racing?

Oh and there's a lot of "grey area" for them, if it was black and white why don't people get tickets every time they get pulled over? You committed a crime or traffic violation did you not? I've been pulled over a couple times for doing 15 over, waved at while doing 15 over a few times as well (he had his radar gun pointed at me), pulled over for having expired plates and no registration....nary a ticket or warning for any of those.

He coulf have pulled him over the second time for excessive acceleration.

He was racing?

BUT, you got pulled over.............. it is then his discreation whether or not you're worthy of a warning..... I wouldn't want their job because they're damned if they do or don't...

You must not have seen the part where I said that they shot me with radar while I was doing 15 over and they never pulled me over.

This :thumb:

Missed the not getting pulled over part... I've gotten 3 speeding tickets, all 3 shot (by radar) in my 40 years of driving... all of them legit. 1 in California (cop was on a side street in plain sight, regardless if a speed trap, I was speeding 15 over), 1 in Arizona, (HP was in the median between the bushes but I saw him while coming down the hill... couldn't tell if a cop or not, didn't matter, I was speeding 20 over) 1 in Nevada )on my way INTO Las Vegas... the last stretch of open desert the trooper got me on "reverse" radar... pretty damn accurate too...15 over... keeping up with traffic except 1) I was changing lanes and 2) I was the only truck amongst Caddy's and Lincolns... I kinda stood out)

:noidea:... busted and I was in the wrong......... Cali resulted in 4 hours of traffic school no fine, the other 2 were mail in fines of roughly $50 each...... back in the early 80's .... :shocked: