Random Photos

That's incredible!

I came home one day to seeing this on the side of the road...just chillin there.
View attachment 11126

and attached to it was something like this:

DSC04809.gif

And it was frickin cool watching it trim trees. Although not as awesome as crop dusting.

were was james bond and his cool bmw and hot honey!!! i seriously thought those thing existed in moveis!

http://youtu.be/1ekyNGnl0MA?t=3m51s

At least watch the part at 5:00 :shocked: :hail:

:thinking: With a few GoPros.......

BTW mounting that GPS tracking display where he did is genius!

thats cool and all but thats not shit compared to what im talking about. if the conditions are not right these guys dont do that. also those planes are made to be light and nimble. might as well show the air racers that 2smoke is into. those do some crazy shit as well but none of that has anything on these guys that fly the giant bombers weighed down with water and that orange slime, flying into bad conditions like weathergeek mentioned where shit is unpredictable and making some crazy maneuver low to the ground and often blind as they are flying through some smoke of sort.

James

Staff member
thats cool and all but thats not shit compared to what im talking about. if the conditions are not right these guys dont do that. also those planes are made to be light and nimble. might as well show the air racers that 2smoke is into. those do some crazy shit as well but none of that has anything on these guys that fly the giant bombers weighed down with water and that orange slime, flying into bad conditions like weathergeek mentioned where shit is unpredictable and making some crazy maneuver low to the ground and often blind as they are flying through some smoke of sort.
Sounds like trying to land a 747 in a crosswind and/or monsoon/fog.

I used to machine the wing spars and other parts for those planes when I worked for McDonnell Douglas years ago. Excellent planes they were. Around 1990 they became the MD-11

Sent from my HD7 using Board Express

James

Staff member
BTW not trying to say that flying those tankers is easy, because it sure as heck isn't. Not sure what the spool up time is on those engines but I'm pretty sure it a lot more then the crop duster planes. :shocked: Plus with the higher speeds needed, you'd better plan your route out well in advance.

The crop dusters fly a lot closer to the ground and other objects though. Plus I doubt that you'll see a tanker (or air racers) fly under the low voltage wires you see beside the road. A lot of those planes have wire cutters (sharp piece of metal) on all the leading edges for a reason. :lol: :shocked: :cripple:

BTW not trying to say that flying those tankers is easy, because it sure as heck isn't. Not sure what the spool up time is on those engines but I'm pretty sure it a lot more then the crop duster planes. :shocked: Plus with the higher speeds needed, you'd better plan your route out well in advance.

The crop dusters fly a lot closer to the ground and other objects though. Plus I doubt that you'll see a tanker (or air racers) fly under the low voltage wires you see beside the road. A lot of those planes have wire cutters (sharp piece of metal) on all the leading edges for a reason. :lol: :shocked: :cripple:

no i dont think you understand.... those fuckers have to do shit on the fly without planning and the hell they dont fly lower.... i watched one come within prolly 15 ft of the top of a tree. so close it caused crazy turbulence along the top of the trees.