Random Photos

15405_536391653039160_371048238_n.jpg

James

Staff member
:lol: That reminds me. My uncle is a pilot and he flies a little plane. And on his land in Missouri, he has BARELY enough of a landing strip that he comes inches away from his barbed wire fence when he is coming in for a landing. It's incredible to watch.
You ever watch the planes that spray fields? :shocked: Those guys are nucking futs.

Craziest thing I ever saw with one was when a previous neighbor got his hay field sprayed. I wish I would've got it on video. Instead of trying to describe the layout, here's a picture.

plane.jpg

He'd dive in by the road, fly ~15-20 ft off the ground, and fly UNDER the high voltage lines. Going the other way he'd barely clear the low voltage lines as he pulled up. :shocked: I'm surprised that that plane could even get off the ground with balls as big as he must have.

BTW flying at 100 mph, you'd cross the distance from the road to the high voltage lines in under 5 seconds.

you know who is even nuttier then those guys.... the guys who drop the fire retardent shit from the tanker planes for forest fires. i watched one of those things swoop down into a tiny valley once... it was nutty.

you know who is even nuttier then those guys.... the guys who drop the fire retardent shit from the tanker planes for forest fires. i watched one of those things swoop down into a tiny valley once... it was nutty.
...especially when you factor in the wind both from nature and the fire itself.

http://youtu.be/1ekyNGnl0MA?t=3m51s

At least watch the part at 5:00 :shocked: :hail:

:thinking: With a few GoPros.......

BTW mounting that GPS tracking display where he did is genius!

That's incredible!

I came home one day to seeing this on the side of the road...just chillin there.
1017091550b.jpg

and attached to it was something like this:

DSC04809.gif

And it was frickin cool watching it trim trees. Although not as awesome as crop dusting.

James

Staff member
That's incredible!

I came home one day to seeing this on the side of the road...just chillin there.
View attachment 11126

and attached to it was something like this:

And it was frickin cool watching it trim trees. Although not as awesome as crop dusting.
Dang that's one wicked machine! :shocked:

Come on admit it, you were wondering if it's possible to cut a house in half with that rig. :lol: