Random Photos

296482_384695708268550_270343010_n.jpg

Some more of what I did in Sept. Lots of close and intense racing. I think my liver hates me. I drank more during that one week than I think I did all summer.

Attachments

• F1 racing.jpg
    F1 racing.jpg
    185.2 KB · Views: 24
  • Horse race start.jpg
    Horse race start.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 24
  • Justin and Vito.jpg
    Justin and Vito.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 26
  • N A Rush.jpg
    N A Rush.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 23
  • Outrageous crew.jpg
    Outrageous crew.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 25
  • Outrageous staging.jpg
    Outrageous staging.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 24
  • Passing on the outside.jpg
    Passing on the outside.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 23
  • Sept Fate 13.jpg
    Sept Fate 13.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 24
  • Sept Fate.jpg
    Sept Fate.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 26
  • Vito and Justin.jpg
    Vito and Justin.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 22
Nice pictures. Has it been a year since that bad crash happened?

Yes last year was when that bad crash happend. The NTSB report was released about 3 weeks before the races started. Basically what happend was poor maintenance practice's. There were mounting hardware that needed to be replaced that didnt get replaced on the horizontal flying surfaces. Roughly $10 in nuts bolts and screws. But the main contributing factor was that the aircraft wasnt properly test flown. It was test flown and deamed airworthy. However it was never tested at the speeds and G loading that it was to experience while flying at race speeds (500+mph). So that coupled with the more or less $10 in hardware that should have been replaced when noted ended in a huge crash with needless loss of life and injuries.

Its a shame because the mechanics that worked on that aircraft I held in high reguard. And the pilot was a very dear friend to many including myself.

Yes last year was when that bad crash happend. The NTSB report was released about 3 weeks before the races started. Basically what happend was poor maintenance practice's. There were mounting hardware that needed to be replaced that didnt get replaced on the horizontal flying surfaces. Roughly $10 in nuts bolts and screws. But the main contributing factor was that the aircraft wasnt properly test flown. It was test flown and deamed airworthy. However it was never tested at the speeds and G loading that it was to experience while flying at race speeds (500+mph). So that coupled with the more or less $10 in hardware that should have been replaced when noted ended in a huge crash with needless loss of life and injuries.

Its a shame because the mechanics that worked on that aircraft I held in high reguard. And the pilot was a very dear friend to many including myself.
Wow, that truely sucks to have something so simple over looked and end in such a drastic result. This lack of responsibility with people who other people trust their lives to is all to common it seems. I am glad this years event went smoothly. :thumb: